1st March 2018, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

For how many times I can apply if appeared in JEE Main last year but preparing for this year 12th CBSE Improvement exam?

Sir, last year I have secured 70% marks in 12th CBSE. Then I have applied for Improvement exam. Last year I have also applied for JEE Main. Now again I want to apply for JEE Main. But I want to know that what limit of attempting I have remain for JEE Main?

Related Questions:
  1. For how many times I can apply if appeared in JEE Main last year but preparing for this year 12th CBSE Improvement exam?
  2. For how many times I can apply if appeared in JEE Main last year but preparing for this year 12th BSEB Improvement exam? -- [New]
  3. Can I reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam after a gap of 2 years?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam again this year if I had given exam the previous year as well?
  5. Can I appear in JEE Advanced this year if appeared in JEE Main last year?
  6. Possibility to appear in JEE Main and Advanced if appeared in CBSE improvement exam? What are the provisions for it?
  7. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  8. Can I appear in JEE Main 2017 if appeared once in 2015 and twice in 2016?
  9. Can I apply for JEE Advanced next year if qualified in JEE Main in this year?
  10. Can I appear in JEE Main next year after pursuing Mathematics Improvement exam of 12th AHSEC?
  11. Should I drop a year to appear in Improvement exam of 12th WBCHSE Board?
  12. How can I apply for next year JEE Main and Advanced without attempting 12th CBSE Compartmental exam?
  13. Can I use my Improvement marksheet to appear in JEE Advanced?
  14. Will I be considered as an appearing candidate to apply in JEE if going to appear in Physics compartment exam of CBSE?
  15. Can I apply for JEE Main & Advance 3rd time? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I apply for JEE Main and Advanced 2016 without applying for all 5 improvement subjects?
  17. Can I appear in JEE Main and Advanced if completed 11th CBSE and preparing for 12th NIOS in same year?
  18. Whether an NIOS Maths marksheet considerable to appear in JEE Main 3rd time for CBSE candidate?

8th March 2018, 09:58 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For how many times I can apply if appeared in JEE Main last year but preparing for this year 12th CBSE Improvement exam?

The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Main examination is three times that too in three consecutive years after completion of 12th standard. So, if you have passed your 12th standard last year and appeared in JEE Main examination then, you will have two more chances to appear in JEE Main examination.

9th March 2018, 01:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For how many times I can apply if appeared in JEE Main last year but preparing for this year 12th CBSE Improvement exam?

JEE Main is a National level engineering entrance examination which is conducted for offering admission in Engineering course in NIT and it also acts as a gateway for JEE Advanced examination. You can apply for JEE Main examination maximum of three times that too in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. Since, you have attempted JEE Main last year, you are left with two attempts to appear in JEE Main examination.

9th March 2018, 09:00 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level entrance examination held for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree course across CFTIs like IIT, NIT, ISM, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

JEE comprises of two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

As far as you are concerned about the maximum number of attempts allowed for appearing in JEE Main then it is three (3) attempts which includes JEE held in the year in which the candidate has passed in his/her Class 12th.

So, having appeared in JEE Main last year you are left with two more attempts only including the JEE of this year even if you appear in JEE Main by appearing in improvement examination.

For more FAQs related to JEE Main you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.

9th March 2018, 09:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Number of attempts allowed for appearing in JEE Main examination:

Unfortunately candidates cannot appear in this JEE Main Examination as many time as he/she wants and there is a certain limit in appearing in the examination and the detailed information is as follows.

<> Officials have set a rule regarding the number of attempts for appearing in JEE Main Examination.

<> Candidates can appear for this examination for a maximum of 3 times only. So you can avail maximum of 3 chances for appearing in this JEE Main Examination.

<> As you have already appearing in JEE Mains Examination last year, you are now left with 2 more chances and I suggest you to utilize them well without wasting it.

<> If you can solve as many model papers as you can and follow the examination pattern and syllabus keenly then you have high possibility of scoring well in this examination and All The Best.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?