21st November 2014, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for KVPY to get admission in IISc, Bangalore? Coaching institutes in Gujarat?

My son is 9th stand. CBSE board. He is interested in science and wants to become a scientist. Kindly guide us from now onward how to taake coaching to get the seat in IISC banglore or any other reputed institute.
Now we are staying at Gujarat - Ahmedabad, need your guidence to take KVPY coaching.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for a BE to attend Integrated PhD program at IISc Bangalore? Which exam to write for it?
  2. What is the marks needed for JEE mains?
  3. Best coaching institutes in Bangalore for law? How to prepare?
  4. How is the coaching quality of GateForum Bangalore? List of good institutes for GATE coaching in Bangalore?
  5. Can I get admission in IISC through KVPY exam after completion of my 12th? Where will this exam be held in Assam?
  6. How to prepare for the entrance test held by IISc for admission into integrated Ph.D course? Which are the different institutes providing the course?
  7. Best IAS coaching institutes in Bangalore? List of institutes available? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which is the best institute for MSc Chemistry in India?
  9. Institutes offering Ph.D in Civil Engineering stream? List of IITs and foreign institutes? Is IISC Bangalore offering this course?
  10. How to get admission in IISC or IIT? I am preparing for GATE exam
  11. How to go for integrated Ph.D program in microbiology and Cell Biology from IISC Bangalore
  12. Can I apply for Integrated Ph.D programme in IISC, Bangalore if completed B.E. in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering?
  13. What are the job opportunities after doin the 4 year BS course in bangalore.?
  14. Can I join IISC if I am a student who is selected in KVPY?
  15. Which are the best coaching institutes in Bangalore? I am a B.Com graduate and interested in doing CS
  16. Can I get admission in IISC Bangalore after completing 5 years degree?
  17. How can I prepare for KVPY after studying 12th?
  18. Which are the institutes apart from IITs, IISC and NIT which give direct admission on the basis of the GATE score?
25th November 2014, 01:47 PM
soumya@ranjan

Default Re: How to prepare for KVPY to get admission in IISc, Bangalore? Coaching institutes in Gujarat?

KVPY(Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) is a Fellowship program organized by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India to encourage and nurture young talent. This program is conducted so that student can realize their academic potential and government can ensure proper growth of scientific minds for research and development in our country.

It is conducted for students who studying form class XI to first year of their undergraduate program. The undergraduate program that one can pursue is limited to B.Sc. or integrated M.Sc. course in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

For standard XI, XII and First year students of undergraduate program, KVPY SA, KVPY SB and KVPY SX exam is conducted respectively.

Preparation tips:
KVPA SA exam is based on the conceptual knowledge that one has attained till standard X.
You can also make your child go through last 3 years questions so that he can get an idea about the difficulty level of the examination.
For KVPY preparation NCERT books are the best to follow.

Other books you can give him for preparation are:
O.P Tondon for Inorganic Chemistry
Solomons for Organic Chemistry
P Bahadur for Physical Chemistry
H.C Verma for Physics
R.S Agarwal for Mathematics

Coaching institutes for KVPY preparation are:
Resonance, Basavangudi
Guru Jee, Jaya Nagar
Edunova Education and Training Pvt. Ltd., Vastrapur
ALLEN Career Institute, Bodakdev
25th November 2014, 11:30 PM
smithapriya

Default Re: How to prepare for KVPY to get admission in IISc, Bangalore? Coaching institutes in Gujarat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son is 9th stand. CBSE board. He is interested in science and wants to become a scientist. Kindly guide us from now onward how to taake coaching to get the seat in IISC banglore or any other reputed institute.
Now we are staying at Gujarat - Ahmedabad, need your guidence to take KVPY coaching.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna (KVPY) exam is a highly competitive exam. If you follow a structured preparation plan you can get an edge over others. It is an aptitude test with 100 questions from maths, physics, chemistry and biology. You need a strong preparation strategy and disciplined approach to crack the exam.

Before getting into preparation mode, it is important for you to know your existing level of preparedness for the KVPY exam. You should then decide how much you need to utilize your strength and plan to improve on your weaker during your preparation. You need to integrate your plan which can also take into account of your current academic pursuit. Make a habit of revising topics.

Create a question bank of those questions which you find difficult during your preparation. This will help you remember your most common mistake. Take as many mock tests as possible to regularly evaluate your preparation level. Take sound sleep before exam day and relax. Keep calm, cool and stable with your mind before the exam.

Best Coaching Institutions:
  • Aakash Educational Service Limited,
  • Resonance,
  • Aryan Classes,
  • Aadithya Classes,
  • NATA coaching class,
20th September 2016, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is interested in science and research ...now she is stuying in 10 th ...how can we get admision in iisc bangalore in ug program...is there any coaching centres in vijayawada and chennaiand also if she takes bipc group in 11th she is eligible or not
22nd October 2018, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Is deeksh better or base better for students who will take up science, but not yet decided what to take( most probably to crack kvpy)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?