23rd July 2015, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Which marksheet is considerable for admission in IIST if CBSE is not conducting Higher Secondary Board exam?

Hello,
As per IIST guidelines, the student must be passed Higher Secondary Board exam with minimum 70% marks. Nowadays Higher Secondary exam is not being conducted by CBSE Board. So please clarify on this, whether the marks obtained by the student in the exam of Higher Secondary conducted by the school will be considered or the marks obtained by the student in the Last Board exam i.e.; High School will be considered?

Related Questions:
  1. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and MP Board to study Higher Secondary? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in CBSE Board if pursuing Senior Secondary from NIOS?
  3. Whether the marks obtained by the student in the exam of higher secondary conducted by the school will be considered or the marks obtained by the student in the last board exam?
  4. How much percentage is required in 10th CBSE to take admission in Higher Secondary Science of WB Board? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Procedure to get admission in Higher Secondary CBSE Board for 10th BSEH candidate? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is it beneficial to transfer from ICSE Board to CBSE Board to study Higher Secondary Science?
  7. Procedure to get transfer from CBSE Board to MP Board for Higher Secondary Education? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in a Military School after completing 10th CBSE?
  9. Which Board should I prefer among Gujarat State Board and CBSE Board to study in Higher Secondary?
  10. Should I have to appear in State Board exams also if pursuing 10th CBSE? Will I get admission only in CBSE Board to study in 11th standard after completing 10th?
  11. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to study Science in Higher Secondary?
  12. Which Board should I prefer among ISC and CBSE to study Higher Secondary Science if secured 75% in 10th ICSE?
  13. ISC, CBSE or PSEB, which is better to study in Higher Secondary for Software Engineer aspirant?
  14. How can I get admission in Maharaja Sawai Man Singh Vidyalaya for Higher Secondary Education after completing 10th CBSE?
  15. Which board is better between CBSE and Gujarat board for admission in medical college
  16. Can I study Higher Secondary from CBSE Board after completing 10th from Bihar Board?
  17. Eligibility for admission based on 10th and 12th results?
  18. Is it beneficial to study Higher Secondary with Tamil Nadu State Board if completed 10th CBSE?
14th October 2015, 08:03 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which marksheet is considerable for admission in IIST if CBSE is not conducting Higher Secondary Board exam?

IIST is an institute in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. It not only provides graduation programs but also M.Tech programs. Some M.Tech programs are even integrated with the B.Tech course. This means that once you complete B.Tech, you will be automatically admitted in the M.Tech course. Along with all these programs, the institution also provides MS course. This course is mostly taught in US. Seldom does a university provide an M.S. course in India and that too of high standard. IIST is one of them.
After you mentioned about higher secondary and CBSE, I checked the brochure of IIST. The latest brochure of IIST, that is of 2015, says the maximum age limit for general and OBC candidates could be of 25 years and that of SC and ST candidates would be 30 years. The candidates can be from any board but that should be recognized by central or state government. In that list both names ICSE and CBSE are mentioned.

So you need not worry. Just clear the joint entrance examinations with a good score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?