11th October 2016, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Is migrating in Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education beneficial for CBSE student?

My daughter don't want to continue her study under CBSE Board. She want to migrate in Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education. She is in 9th standard and she want to join 10th in Tamil Nadu State Board. Please tell me is it beneficial for her?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to study Higher Secondary with Tamil Nadu State Board if completed 10th CBSE?
  2. Time Table of 10th Board exams of Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Is it possible to get admission in 11th Tamil Nadu Board for 10th CBSE student?
  4. Tamil Nadu Board Higher Secondary Accountancy Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. Tamil Nadu Board Higher Secondary Economics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Tamil Nadu Board Higher Secondary Nutrition and Dietetics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. Eligibility to get admission in 1st standard of school under Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education for 4 years old candidate?
  8. Tamil Nadu Board Higher Secondary Political Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. Is it possible to appear in Mathematics exam from NIOS Board if pursuing Higher Secondary Commerce from Tamil Nadu State Board?
  10. What's the eligibility Criteria for Getting Admission in Govt. Engineering college of Tamil Nadu? I've completed my 10th from Kendriya Vidyalaya and 10+2 in Secondary Education, Govt. of Kerala.
  11. Can I reappaer for higher secondary (Tamil Nadu State Board) after 14 years?
  12. Books for both Tamil Nadu state board and CBSE board will be changed?
  13. List of best CBSE schools for admission in Higher Secondary in Tamil Nadu?
  14. Difference between CBSE and State Board?
  15. Is ICSE board consider to be easier than CBSE board?
  16. Is candidate eligible to apply for Tamil Nadu engineering colleges after passing 12th from Delhi?
  17. Tamil Nadu Board Higher Secondary Foundation Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. Whether my Daughter will be eligible for Tamil Nadu State quota or Andhra Pradesh State quota after scoring 85% marks in class 10th CBSE Board? -- [New]
14th October 2016, 11:26 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is migrating in Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education beneficial for CBSE student?

Changing the board is your decision. But I would like to tell you that CBSE board is one of the best board in India. Students who have completed their 10+2 from CBSE board ask first everywhere than those who have completed from State Board. I suggest you not to change the board let her study till 12th. This will boost her career.
14th October 2016, 11:55 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is migrating in Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education beneficial for CBSE student?

No, now she is not able to quit from CBSE in 9th and get the admission in 10th std in Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education.

As, there are some of the registration and entrance examination in 9th std which is necessary to get admission in 10th std which your ward fails to do.

So, either she has to again start the course with 9th std or can take the admission in Tamil Nadu Board after completing his 10th std.

In both the cases you require migration certificate and so you must take it.
14th October 2016, 02:57 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter don't want to continue her study under CBSE Board. She want to migrate in Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education. She is in 9th standard and she want to join 10th in Tamil Nadu State Board. Please tell me is it beneficial for her?

The decision should be taken based on the individual student. If the student wish to continue in the CBSE then allow him/her to continue in CBSE or you can move him/her to Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education. The syllabus is much easier in the state board than CBSE. So if he finds difficult to study in CBSE then you can move him to Tamil Nadu State Board. He can score good marks in 10th standard with State Board syllabus. It is beneficial for him to transfer from CBSE to Tamil Nadu State Board, if the student wishes to change.
14th October 2016, 03:39 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, migration is necesaary to get the admission in any school affiliated with the different board other than the one in which you were pursuing.

So, if you want to change the board that is from CBSE to Tamil Nadu board you need to have migration certificate.

No, candidates are not eligible to change there school in 10th Std and so you are not eligible for it.
14th October 2016, 06:44 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

It all depends upon your child that in which of the Board she is comfortable to study and can prove herself. But according to me, it will be better to study under CBSE Board as CBSE Board is one of the reputed Board to study and has a good education system.
At this stage she must not change to another Board and should continue with CBSE Board as she will be having Board examination very soon.
14th October 2016, 07:56 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Benefits of studying under CBSE are :

* Best curriculum
* Best faculties
* Best grading system
* Uniform grading and fair competition
* You know what your actual worth is
* Best infrastructure

Now the choice is yours as these things cannot be assured in a state board, be it Tamilnadu or any other state.
14th October 2016, 09:42 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, the migration of your daughter to Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education from CBSE Board is not beneficial. Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education is a state level board where the syllabus is confined only to Tamil Nadu State schools.

CBSE Board is a Central Board where the syllabus is same for all the schools affiliated to CBSE in India. By studying from CBSE Board, you can gain more knowledge than by studying from State Board schools, so, I suggest you to pursue your 10th standard from CBSE Board instead of migrating to Tamil Nadu State Board school.
25th May 2017, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Is migration certificate necessary to join a college in Tamilnadu after completing 12th HSE in Pondicherry?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?