2nd February 2016, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Which option is better between joining 12th in the same school and joining NIOS for 12th?

My son is in class 11th now. He wants to join NIOS for next year. Is it better to continue 12th in the same school or join NIOS for the 12th. What is experts’ opinion about this? Please give an idea in this regard?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission for Engineering having 12th passed Certificate from NIOS having 4 years gap after 10th?
  2. Can I apply for JEE Main if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board? Documents required to submit?
  3. Procedure of joining as a deck cadet without appearing for CET after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Procedure and eligibility to join Merchant Navy for a candidate who has secured 76% in 12th Science of NIOS Board?
  5. What is the process of joining Para Commando after 12th?
  6. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th science?
  7. Is NIOS better than CBSE for me? Will I get good job or admission in DU with NIOS marks?
  8. How much percentage in 12th is required for joining Hotel management field?
  9. Christ University accepts NIOS certificate for 12th student of Dubai?
  10. Can I do FTII Diploma course being a NIOS candidate?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission in 12th NIOS if failed in Accountancy of 12th Kerala State Open School? How many subjects will I get in NIOS?
  12. Am I eligible to appear in NDA entrance exam to join Indian Army if completed 10th and 12th without Maths and Science from NIOS being a 19 years old candidate?
  13. After 12th from NIOS board can any other courses be studied?
  14. Job opportunities after completing MBA after BBA from Pune University? How much is the pay scale?
  15. How can I join in LAW course after completing 10th
  16. How is Vyankatrao high school? Is it worth joining in this school?
  17. Should I join NIOS if failed in 11th Science but want to study MBBS?
  18. Eligibility of changing board from CBSE to another after getting failed in 12th class? Eligibility for JEE mains after the same?
3rd February 2016, 11:45 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which option is better between joining 12th in the same school and joining NIOS for 12th?

I would like to suggest your child to continue in the same school as he is it going to complete his 11th. Let me make you clear that National Open University certificate is valid in all over India but still there are some universities which do not accept the certificate so it would be better for you to continue in the same school so that you can't be neglected by any university to give admission to you.
3rd February 2016, 01:34 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which option is better between joining 12th in the same school and joining NIOS for 12th?

If currently he is in a regular mode of education in any board, then it is advisable to you o not let your change the board to NIOS, unless there is a serious requirement of it.

Shifting from regular mode of education to NIOS is never better(provided,you should have valid reasons for it,or you might be doing some job at that moment).
3rd February 2016, 01:37 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

It would be better if he stays in the same board where he is currently studying if and only he isn't facing some serious issue with it.

NIOS board is good but as compared to regular boards, is it not that equivalent. Therefore, if he can stay in the board he is, let him be, but if there is some issue with it, then you might probably shift to NIOS.
3rd February 2016, 07:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is for those who don't have any other option. If regular schooling is possible then why go for NIOS. Just complete the schooling from a good school by attending regular classes.

Most of the candidates who fail in board exams opt for NIOS option because there is no other option available for them.
3rd February 2016, 08:57 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

It is better to pursue your 12th standard from the same school where you are pursuing 11th standard because most of the schools does not offers admission to 12th standard. As per Education Board rules, the candidate must have to pursue 11th and 12th standard from same school under recognised board. So, I suggest you to pursue your 12th standard from the same school without transferring to any other school.
4th February 2016, 12:14 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

It is advisable to continue in the same school to pursue class 12. After completion of class 11, it is better to continue in same school to complete class 12.

If the candidate is not satisfied with the subjects chosen in class 11, then one cannot change in class 12. So, he/ she wish to change the school and join in NIOS.

National institute of open schooling (NIOS) gives an opportunity for the candidates to choose the subject combination or to select a single subject in class 12 which is equivalent to other board of education.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?