24th November 2016, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to remove Mathematics from PCMB group before 11th standard examination of CBSE?

Hello sir, I am studying in 11th standard with PCB group and Mathematics as a extra subject. But, I want to remove Mathematics from my subjects. Please tell me can I remove the subject before 11th examination of CBSE?

25th November 2016, 11:11 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Possibility to remove Mathematics from PCMB group before 11th standard examination of CBSE?

No, it is not possible in the mid session if you have once registered yourself under this scheme of the subjects. You have t appear in the examination and acquire the minimum marks to get through the class.

After the exam, if you want to remove the subject, you can talk to the school administration and in a special case, they may allow you.

But you have to wait for the exams this year and get the minimum qualifying marks any how.
26th November 2016, 08:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to remove Mathematics from PCMB group before 11th standard examination of CBSE?

For your issue you must contact to your school management as quickly as you can as the registration for CBSE Class 11th is still going with late fee and hence you can get removed Mathematics from your stream ( selected subjects ) otherwise you will have to appear in the Mathematics paper of Class 11th examination too.

Apart from this you can get Mathematics removed from your subject list at the time of form filling for Class 12th board examination which will be done during the month of October - November next year. Failing to this you will have to appear in all your papers in your Class 12th board examination.

For further details about this matter and curriculum followed by CBSE you can refer to the link www.cbse.nic.in.
7th December 2016, 12:58 AM
ranu shahi

You can remove mathematics from PCMB group only on one condition that you are not registered. Once you registered then it not possible.And for more details you have to contact your school principle, he/she will guide you better, than me on this topic.
1st August 2020, 04:32 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I am in class 11 and had taken science stream with PCB as main subjects and maths as additional subject but I want to remove maths from it as I am assured that I can't do well in maths.but when I discussed about this matter with my teacher and Freund they said that math is important as without maths I cannot understand physics.i am too confused weather to remove maths or not.please help
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?