15th February 2017, 01:17 PM
Kanuyaaadddaavvv

Possibility to take admission in 11th (Commerce) with total 6 subjects along with Mathematics?

Hello sir, I want to get admission in 11th with CBSE board. So, please tell me can I take total 6 subjects in class 11th along with Mathematics with Commerce stream?

Related Questions:
  1. What are the formalities followed to get admission for class 11th standard? -- [New]
  2. Percentage required in 10th to study Commerce in 11th? Total fee expenses of 11th Commerce?
  3. Which are the elective and vocation subjects in class 11th, 12th
  4. Possibility to remove Mathematics from PCMB group before 11th standard examination of CBSE?
  5. Is it possible to replace Mathematics and consider Physical Education/English as best of four to get admission in Shree Ram College of Commerce?
  6. From which board should I study 11th Commerce among CBSE and HS Boards to appear in CPT? Optional subjects enlisted in 11th Commerce?
  7. Can I get admission to study 11th ISC Commerce if completed 10th NIOS without Mathematics?
  8. Eligibility criteria required to get admission in 11th Commerce in a Government School?
  9. How to get admission in commerce after passing SSC exam? What is the scope for commerce without having Maths as one subject in 11th and 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. List of schools which offer NIOS student to take admission in Commerce stream with Mathematics in 11th standard
  11. Does B.Com course available in Lucknow University? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I get admission in 12th Commerce externally if pursuing 11th without attending classes?
  13. Admission in Air Force after passing 11th commerce with Mathematics?
  14. Do we need to give admission exam for 11th commerce?
  15. Possibility to take direct admission in 2nd year of Diploma engineering if study 11th with Commerce stream?
  16. Can I get admission to study 12th Commerce externally?
  17. Total cost and possibility of admission in KIET Ghaziabad?
  18. Eligibility to apply in NDA entrance exam for 11th Commerce with Mathematics candidate?
15th February 2017, 04:04 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to take admission in 11th (Commerce) with total 6 subjects along with Mathematics?

Yes, you can take admission in standard 11th in Central Board of Secondary Education with six subjects along with mathematics in commerce stream. Candidates are free to choose any sixth subject, some candidate opt for computer science and some select mathematics depending upon their career goal.

When you register for standard 11th board, you need to mention your list of subjects in board exams. There is some additional fee for extra subject selection which you need to pay while applying for board exams.
15th February 2017, 09:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to take admission in 11th (Commerce) with total 6 subjects along with Mathematics?

It is possible for any candidate to take six subjects in standard 11th in any board like CBSE, ICSE or NIOS board. Your are independent to choose any subject as your sixth subject in 11th standard.

But you must keep in mind that you will have to obtain at least passing percentage of marks in sixth subject and other five subject then only you will be considered as passed in 12th standard. Sometimes, student do not focus on sixth subject and are unable to secure even passing marks. Do not neglect it.
15th February 2017, 10:28 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Yes, It is possible to have more than 5 Subjects or to have 6 subjects in 11th Std. English, Accounts and Match will Non Optional subject and the rest three subjects will be Optional subjects and you can choose any of 3 subjects as per you choice and interest.

You can select any 3 subjects from the below mentioned subjects :

1. Economics
2. Geography
3. History
4. Hindi
5. Physical Education
6. Music
7. Drawing and Painting
8. Computer Science

But it also depends on School because if the School's will not have facility to conduct classes for the above subject then definitely school management will not allow you to select all the listed subjects. In that you can select any 3 subject based on the availability.
15th February 2017, 11:11 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Possibility to take admission in 11th (Commerce) with total 6 subjects along with Mathematics?

Class 11th is a very crucial time when one needs to decide what subjects he/she is going to take for further education as till class 10th its all subjects compulsory for every school going student.

There are primarily 3 streams of subjects that one may choose in his/her class 11th. That is:

Science (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
Commerce (with Mathematics)
Arts (without Mathematics)

Thus, the students usually select from these 3 streams as per their interests and career aspirations.

Now, if you ask if it would be possible to take admission in class 11th with an additional 6th subject, I would say it completely depends on the school you are taking admission in.

It is observed that many schools want students to pick up mixes of streams too such as Commerce (without Maths) and Arts (with Maths) etc and therefore if you are applying in a school that allows the 6th subject being taken up by students then there should absolutely be no problem.

However, let me tell you that most schools are restricted to the bounds and norms of the CBSE/ICSE whichever board they are following. Thus, chances of studying commerce in class 11th with another extra 6th subject are bleak.

I would still recommend you having a word with the administration of the school you are trying to take admission in. They would be able to give the exact picture of what is their school policies and if they allow 6 subjects in class 11th or not. Had you given the name of the school where you are trying, something could have been done.
15th February 2017, 11:55 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

--- Yes, you can pursue 12th standard from CBSE board with six subjects including one additional subject in commerce stream.

--- You have to specify the additional subject keeping the five main subjects as your core subjects.

--- If you opt for optional subject, then it will open wide range of career options after completion of 12th standard.
16th February 2017, 12:34 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

*You can take six subjects in standard 11th and appear for board exam along with all subjects. Many candidates who want to pursue courses like CA, ICWA, CS etc take commerce stream with mathematics.

*You must secure minimum passing marks in sixth subject to have overall status of pass in 12th board exam.
16th February 2017, 12:46 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Candidates are allowed to select six subjects in standard 11th for board examination.

Commerce stream along with mathematics is good for professional course. You can take these subjects and appear for board exam and secure good marks to get admission in good college or course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?