29th February 2016, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to remove Physical Education and continue with 5 subjects to study in 12th standard?

Hello,
I am a student of 11th standard CBSE and I have taken 6 subjects in class 11th i.e.; Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English, Informatics Practices and Physical Education. Physical Education is my 6th subject and I want to remove it in class 12th and want to continue with only my 5 subjects as mentioned above. Can I do this change in class 12th CBSE? If yes please guide me for the same.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study Maths in B.Com if pursuing 12th Commerce with Physical Education?
  2. Courses available to study for 11th candidate who has Physics, Chemistry and Physical Education as main subjects?
  3. How can I get admission to study Bachelor of Physical Education after completing 12th Science?
  4. How can I continue my further studies in +2 after Diploma to get promotion?
  5. Is it advisable to take my son to UK to continue 11th and 12th standard after completion of 10th in CBSE board?
  6. What career options are there for me after passing 12th from Humanities stream?
  7. Can I study BBA being a 12th Arts student with Economics, English, Hindi and Education subjects? List of BBA colleges in Lucknow?
  8. Can I study B.A.(Physical Education) if studied History, Economics and Psychology in 12th?
  9. After march exams does any CBSE school will give me direct registration in 12th class?
  10. Can I join BCA correspondence after SSLC?
  11. Can I choose additional subject like Physical education after failing in 2 subjects in 12th commerce?
  12. Possibility to study B.Com in Kanpur for Arts student?
  13. Why not talented students getting scholarship? Is it possible to get scholarship to continue Engineering?
  14. Can I get B.Tech/B.E course after completing polytechnic diploma course via Jexpo? Can I sit for WBJEE,AIEEE or IIT JEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Important topics to study in Physical Education?
  16. What subject should I choose as a career option after 12th? In 12th I have taken these subjects -geography, physical education, multimedia, english, urdu and web technology
  17. Is a student having History, Geography, Economics, English, Physical Education as subjects in 11th standard eligible to give NDA exam?
  18. Which subjects are considerable in 12th standard to study BHM?
29th February 2016, 08:01 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to remove Physical Education and continue with 5 subjects to study in 12th standard?

Yes, of course you can do this. As you have told that you are not interested in Physical Education as well as it is your 6th subject then you can leave it in 12th. It is compulsory to take 5 subjects and 6th subject is optional so there is no need to continue it if you are not interested in this. It is also not mandatory to continue it as your 6th subject. It is optional and depends on ones choice.
29th February 2016, 11:32 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to remove Physical Education and continue with 5 subjects to study in 12th standard?

You just cannot remove your 6th subject, it is optional as you can change it with some other optional subject but cannot eradicate it out of the syllabus. It is not acceptable and not at all entertained as there is no such provision for it. Therefore, you will have to deal with it.
29th February 2016, 11:34 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Having 6th subject in +2 level is not your option, selecting the 6th subject is. So, you must keep in mind that you can interchange with another optional subject but cannot leave it out and continue with your studies without opting for the 6th subject.
12th February 2022, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

I want to remove my 6th subject ie Physical Ed and continue with PCM , Computer Science and English, can i do so?
28th May 2022, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

If a student pass in main 5 subjects and fails in additional whether he/she will be passes or not in class 12th?
23rd September 2022, 07:24 AM
Unregistered

I am having painting in main subjects and physical education in additional subject so can I drop it in class 12
17th July 2023, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my additional subject in 12
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?