23rd March 2016, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to give improvement examination twice?

Respected sir/madam,

I want to know that if i can give improvement exam twice. Actually i had given cbse 12th exam and got 60.4%. I had dropped one year for appearing in jee and also for improvement exam.

Please reply soon.

23rd March 2016, 10:01 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to give improvement examination twice?

You can appear for improvement examination for a maximum of 2 number of times in a row. So, if you have opted for your first improvement examination just after the completion of your 12th examination and are unhappy with the results, only then you could opt for your improvement examination for the second time, otherwise you cannot.
23rd March 2016, 10:45 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can appear in improvement exams. As per my knowledge you can appear in improvement exams maximum 4 times not more than that.
24th March 2016, 11:53 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No you can not appear in the improvement examination twice as per the rules a student can appear in the improvement examination only once and that too in the successive year of his actual board examination.

So if you cannot secure good marks in your first attempt of improvement examination then to improve your grades again you will have to reappear in your 12th board examination as the private candidate.

For more details about the procedure and norms about the improvement examination you can refer to the official website of CBSE i.e; www.cbse.nic.in.
31st May 2017, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

I had given cbse 12 th board exam and I had got 66%. And then I had given improvement exam and I am still not satisfied with the result.can I give improvement exam again. Please give a genuine reply. I am in an extreme crisis related to my career?
7th July 2017, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

I had given cbse 12th exam and I had got 64.8%.And then I had given improvement exam and I am still not satisfied with the result can I give improvement exam again. Please give me reply fast
11th October 2017, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE REGISTERED FOR MARKS IMPROVEMENT IN SR. SECONDARY EXAM. THROUGH NIOS WITH THREE SUBJECTS FROM COMMERCE STREAM. AFTER REGISTRATION I FIND THAT IF I SIT FOR THE IMPROVEMENT EXAM. WITH TWO SUBJECTS (BENGALI, ENGLISH) I WILL BE ABLE TO SECURE 50% AVERAGE IN SR. SECONDARY EXAM.IF I PAY FOR TWO SUBJECTS EXAM. FEE ONLY AND APPEAR FOR THE TWO SUBJECTS EXAM. AND SECURE THE MARKS. WILL THERE BE ANY PROBLEM IN FUTURE IN MY SERVICE?
KAMAL
25th April 2018, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

I applied betterment for sanskrit two days before now I even want to write physics as I secured 57 so can I apply for it now
7th May 2018, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

2 questions
1) I missed my first time of improvement exams i am passed out in 2017..can i apply for these exams again? As i searched the forms will be available nearby july of this year..so can i?
2) can i do improvement for all 5 subjects?
Please give a legit answer.
26th May 2018, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 74.8% after my improvement exam can I give it again next year?? Please answer with valid proof it is really important.
6th March 2020, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

Can i give improvement examination twice ? i didn't improve in my first time after hssc part 2 examination. i want to give improvement again. Kindly tell me soon.(Federal Board Examination)
12th March 2020, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Can i give improvement examination twice ? i didn't improve in my first time after hssc part 2 examination. i want to give improvement again. Kindly tell me soon.
25th July 2020, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Can we appear for improvement exam for the second time for another subject? Like for example I did an improvement for maths in the first year so in my second year can I do improvement for english?
27th July 2020, 01:58 PM
Siddharth717

No you can not appear in the improvement examination twice as per the rules a student can appear in the improvement examination only once and that too in the successive year of his actual board examination
30th July 2020, 10:44 PM
chin6303

Thumbs down Re: Is it possible to give improvement examination twice?

No, you can not appear in the improvement examination twice as per the rules a student can appear in the improvement examination only once and that too in the successive year of his actual board examination
10th July 2021, 08:40 AM
Unregistered

In my first attempt of HSC i scored 56%u2105..i am not eligible for neet so i gave improvement exam i repeated whole 12th as fresher and I now I am eligible but when HSC results came I was out of town I am in village so not able to collect them when I came after covid pandemic the college says your marksheet has been cancelled by board... What should I do now?... Is it possible..
30th July 2021, 05:53 PM
johnnycollins233

Only one retake in the succeeding year is allowed for improvement exams. Candidates who choose to appear privately may do so; those who wish to reappear for the entire test may appear as a regular candidate if accepted by the school. If a candidate passes the practical examination in a topic requiring one then he or she will be allowed to appear just in the theory portion. The Board only issues a statement of marks once the student's performance has improved.
30th July 2021, 07:36 PM
johnnycollins233

Post Re: Is it possible to give improvement examination twice?

Only one retake in the succeeding year is allowed for improvement exams. Candidates who choose to appear privately may do so; those who wish to reappear for the entire test may appear as a regular candidate if accepted by the school. If a candidate passes the practical examination in a topic requiring one then he or she will be allowed to appear just in the theory portion. The Board only issues a statement of marks once the student's performance has improved.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?