13th November 2017, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission from ICSE 9th standard to CBSE 10th standard?

I am in class 9th in ICSE school. Can I change my school to another school in 10th will they allow me to study in 10. I want to change my school from ICSE 9th to CBSE 10th. Will it be possible for me? Can you please guide me with the information soon. Thanks!

15th November 2017, 08:29 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to get admission from ICSE 9th standard to CBSE 10th standard?

You can change your school in class 10th but you can't change your board in class 10th.
You can't switch from ICSE board to CBSE in class 10th.

If you want to change your school than you can get admission in another school by filling an application form. You will require Transfer certificate and report card of class 9th.

If you want to change your Board than you have to repeat class 9th.
15th November 2017, 10:35 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission from ICSE 9th standard to CBSE 10th standard?

No you can not shift to CBSE for pursuing Class 10th having pursued Class 9th from ICSE board as the registration form for appearing in CBSE Class 10th is filled in the year in which candidate is pursuing his/her Class 9th and so to appear in CBSE Class 10th board examination a student must be enrolled in a CBSE school from his/her Class 9th at least.

Further I would like to let you know that you can change to CBSE board from ICSE board once for your Class 11th
15th November 2017, 11:29 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in class 9th in ICSE school. Can I change my school to another school in 10th will they allow me to study in 10. I want to change my school from ICSE 9th to CBSE 10th. Will it be possible for me? Can you please guide me with the information soon. Thanks!

Sorry, it is not possible to get admission in 10th Class in CBSE School after completion of 9th standard from ICSE. Those students who have passed Class IX examination from a school affiliated to CBSE Board are only eligible to get admission to the Class X CBSE Board. Admission to the Class X can be provided to students, when their parents’ got transferred or shifting of their families from one place to another. Students have to produce a transfer certificate for the admission. It is not advisable for Change board at the time of Class X. Candidates can find the details on the CBSE website Click Here
15th November 2017, 11:54 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to change the board after 9th std to get admission in 10th std.

So, the option available for you is to continue with same board till 10th or if are determined to change the board then you have to again take admission in 9th std.

To get more detail about this visit your school administrative office.
15th November 2017, 01:16 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to get admission from ICSE 9th standard to CBSE 10th standard:-

It is not possible to shift 9th from ICSE Board to 10th in CBSE Board, students get registered for their 10th Board examination in 9th standard itself.

Therefore, it is not possible to shift from ICSE Board to CBSE Board for 10th admission.

The ICSE Board is also one of the Best Boards in India so, you can continue your studies in ICSE. It is not recommended to shift board after 9th standard .

You can change Board in class 9th or in 11th.
15th November 2017, 01:50 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to change the board after the registration which is already done in 9th std.

So, you have to continue your studies upto 10th with ICSE only if you do not want to make any gap year in your studies.

Candidates are not eligible to change their board in 10th or 12th std.
15th November 2017, 02:39 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to change the school from ICSE board to CBSE.

So, you have to continue with same board or have to take admission in CBSE school in 9th std.

There is no option to change the board in the 10th std.
15th November 2017, 02:43 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per the rules, it is not possible for you to change your board in 10th standard because under rule a candidate must have completed both 9th and 10th standard from same board.
If you have studied your ninth standard with ICSE board then you have to continue your 10th standard from the same board.
And there is not any procedure to change your board in 10th standard. According to the rule, one can change the school but not the board in 10th standard.
15th November 2017, 02:45 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, but as per i know this is not possible. You can not change your Board in the mid session. Because there is registration held in the 9th standard in CBSE school.

So, you can not change your board from ICSE to CBSE in standard 10th.
15th November 2017, 04:32 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

No you are not allowed to do so as because in class 9th you have to go through registration. Therefore, you can not change your school in middle of the session. You have to continue from ICSE board till completing 10th examination.
15th November 2017, 04:38 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You can not change your board but you can change school under same board. If you change your board from ICSE to CBSE then you need to get admission again in ninth standard as registration for tenth board is done in 9th standard itself.

It will save a year if you change your school under ICSE board if you are not satisfied with current school. For changing board, you need to take transfer certificate, marksheet upto 8th standard and visit any school affiliated to CBSE for admission in ninth standard.
15th November 2017, 05:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know about the CBSE curriculum is that one can not migrate to CBSE curriculum from any other board in Class 10th as well as Class 12th directly as the registration for appearing in Class 10th and Class 12th board examination is done while the student is pursuing his/her Class 9th and Class 11th respectively.

So in order to complete Class 10th from a CBSE school you will have to first take admission in Class 9th which would mean a loss of academic year which would not be ideal so you must stick with ICSE till your Class 10th and then you can migrate to CBSE for your higher secondary school degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?