23rd November 2016, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects to choose after 10th standard to become an IAS officer?

Actually I am studing in 10th standard, my favorite subjects are civics and mathematics, can you please tell me how shall I start my journey to become an IAS officer? Should I change my subjects in which I am good? Can you tell me the procedure to opt my aim. Can you just say me what will be my duties after I become an IAS?. Please do help me.. I am really interested to do social service and do help the needy pupils....I would truly thank your kind hearted....

24th November 2016, 07:02 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose after 10th standard to become an IAS officer?

Subjects to choose after 10th Class to become an IAS officer:

There are many streams to choose with after successful completion of 10th class in order to become an IAS officer. Some of the streams available are,

>> PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)

>> Commerce

>> Economics

In general, which to go with basically depends upon your interests and goals. As far as my best knowledge is concerned, I would suggest you to go with PCM subjects immediately after completion of 10th Class.
24th November 2016, 07:40 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose after 10th standard to become an IAS officer?

There is no need to opt any particular subject or stream for pursuing your higher studies after 10th standard to become an IAS officer. You can choose any course of your interest for pursuing your higher studies to become an IAS officer. You need to pursue Graduation course in any stream from a recognised university to be eligible to appear in IAS examination. So, I suggest you to choose any course and any stream of your interest for pursuing your higher studies to become an IAS officer.
3rd December 2016, 02:55 PM
ranu shahi

There is no any specific stream for becoming an IAS officer. But if you take PCM( Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) it will help you more than any other stream for becoming an IAS officer.
2nd October 2017, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Actually I am in 10 class and I want to go kota for IIT preparation. I am a very good student and I want to know should I join kota after 10 class or should I go after 12 class. My father want me to go after 10 but I am not ready for that. What should I do
3rd January 2018, 07:33 AM
sairamvtu

You go with your interest. To become IAS officer you have to clear UPSC exams. For that There is no particular subject requirement. You should have any graduation degree. So no need to worry. But if you join early in in IAS coaching you can achieve your goal soon.
26th June 2019, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Hello I am Azhar naim student of class 11th from ARTS stream (geography) from this steam can I become IAS officer
22nd December 2019, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Hello i am studying 10th. I like social science very much and good in it. Further i want to do civils. Which subject should choose after completing 10th class
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?