6th March 2016, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

What is the basic difference between CBSE and Maharashtra board?

I am confused between choosing among CBSE and Maharashtra board. So kindly give me the information regarding the basic difference between the two boards? Please reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better between CBSE and Maharashtra board? Is there any difference between the syllabus of CBSE and Maharashtra
  2. Through which board a candidate can secure good marks in 12th among CBSE and Maharashtra Board? Is there any difference at the time of admission in Engineering or Medical field?
  3. Whether to take admission in CBSE Board or Maharashtra State Board? Difference betwen both the boards?
  4. Which board to choose among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study Higher Secondary Education with Science?
  5. What is the academic difference between CBSE and ICSE board? Which board is easier to score? Any real difference in subjects from preparation stand point? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board for admission in Nursery?
  7. Candidate who is staying out of Maharashtra but cleared SSC/HSC from CBSE Board Maharashtra will be treated as a local candidate?
  8. Difference between CBSE and State Board?
  9. What is the difference between State Board and CBSE board? Which board is easier among two?
  10. Can I repeat 12th class by changing board from Maharashtra board to CBSE board?
  11. Difference between CBSE and NIOS syllabus and difficulty level?
  12. Is it right to give preference to Maharashtra State Board instead of CBSE?
  13. What is the difference between CBSE Board and State Board?
  14. Which board is suitable in Gujarat after 9th class from Maharashtra? Eligibility to take admission in CBSE board in 10th standard in Gajarat?
  15. Can I reappear in 12th from CBSE Board after qualifying from State Board?
  16. Should I go for Maharashtra state board students after scoring 74.1% in 10th CBSE?
  17. Which Board to choose after 10th grade IGSCE? Is CBSE good to chooose?
  18. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study in 11th standard?
6th March 2016, 12:47 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the basic difference between CBSE and Maharashtra board?

CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education and it is run under Ministry of HRD of India where as Maharashtra board runs under Mahahrashtra government and is a state education board.

The syllabus for both board is almost same and have value of certificate everywhere. So, no doubt you can pursue course from any board.
6th March 2016, 05:59 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Difference between CBSE and Maharashtra Board:

Maharashtra Board is a state board which is comparatively Limited in the content and subjects as compared to other boards. The syllabus is easier and has less stressful to the students. The state language is compulsory. As the concepts are generally lacking the kids have to be given external coaching is preparing for IIT and any other competitive exam.

Central Board of secondary education prepare the syllabus for students up to the class 12th. The curriculum is set by National Council of Educational Research and Training. The board conducts India's to nationwide Board examinations all India Indian secondary School examination for Class 10th and all India Senior school certificate examination for class 12th. The curriculum is very good when it comes to general knowledge and general subjects.
6th March 2016, 06:26 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Difference between CBSE and maharashtra board:-

state boards are comparatively Limited in the contact and subjects as compared to the boards, these schools being States centric are excellent for parents planning to stay in the same state for life.the state language is compulsory.

Central Board of Secondary Education know as the CBSE boards.It prepares the Syllabus for students up to class 12th. It allows the kids to experiences subjects without going Deep.
7th March 2016, 12:24 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

CBSE(Central board of secondary education) is a central board and offers same exam pattern in different schools across India. While the Maharashtra board is a state board which offers its unique exam pattern in the Maharashtra state only.
Also the exam pattern is well designed by the CBSE as compare to the any state board. You will prepare yourself for the competitive exams during your school studies if you re pursuing your schooling from CBSE affiliated school.
However there is equal value of certificates issued by any of the board for any standard.
8th March 2016, 09:38 PM
OnePlus

CBSE comes under union government of India. It is a board of education for public and private schools.
CBSE is the most popular board of India , more than 9000 schools follow CBSE. Started by NCERT to operate central schools. The board conduct final examination every spring for All India Senior School Certificate Examination(AISSC) for class 10th and 12th.
It also conducts AIPMT(All India Pre Medical Test).

State boards are the boards undertaken by individual government of state. Each state follow its own syllabus.
I suggest you to follow CBSE board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?