25th June 2017, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria to appear for NIOS exams?

Sir, I am 49 years old. I have need of 10+2 science group certificate, so that I can appear the Senior Secondary class exams in September 2017 by NIOS. Can I appear for the exams?

26th June 2017, 07:30 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

Default Re: What is the criteria to appear for NIOS exams?

There is no such criteria, any age candidate can appear for examination in NIOS examination, there is no such boundary for it.

However, if you wish to get admission in 11th standard, you should have successfully cleared your 10th level examination from a recognized board.
26th June 2017, 08:05 AM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Yes, you can as there is no such age criteria for NIOS examination. However there are few things which you need to be careful before applying. As you will be giving your 10+2 so you need to produce some relevant document as minimum education qualifications certificates.
26th June 2017, 01:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am 49 years old. I have need of 10+2 science group certificate, so that I can appear the Senior Secondary class exams in September 2017 by NIOS. Can I appear for the exams?
Yes, you are eligible for NIOS exams.

Those candidates who have completed 10th standard from a recognized University are eligible for NIOS exam.

There are no age criteria.
26th June 2017, 02:20 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Those candidates who have passed class X or equivalent examination from a recognized Board, are eligible to apply for the NIOS Senior Secondary Course (equivalent to class XII). Candidates have to clear at least five subjects to clear the examinations. There is no maximum age limit to study Senior Secondary Course through NIOS. The above given are the eligibility criteria for appearing NIOS Board examinations. Candidates can apply online for taking admission to the Senior Secondary Course. The NIOS website link is given Click Here
27th June 2017, 01:46 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can take admission to the NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) but you can't take admission direct to class 12, you have to take admission to class 11th science first and after qualifying it you will be eligible for class 12th.
To take admission in NIOS for class 11th standard you can simply apply admission form, there will be no entrance examination for the admission but you have to provide class 10th marks sheet, class 10th passing certificate, transfer certificate, migration certificate, birth certificate, etc during the time of admission.

For more details, kindly visit http://www.nos.org/default.aspx
27th June 2017, 11:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NIOS is a good option for completing schooling, as it doesn't require you to attend regular classes. Also, there is no upper age limit for it.

Hence, just get yourself registered for it and start preparing for exams, according to the syllabus.
28th June 2017, 12:59 AM
Vaishali@1998

NIOS is National institute of open school. By appearing in this exam any person can pass 12. The eligibility for this exam is that you should passed 10 class. The age of person do not matter to appear in exam. If you have passed 10 already you are eligible to appear for NIOS exam.
30th June 2017, 01:57 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board under Ministry of HRD.

The board offers academic courses upto 12th and conducts entrance examination for 10th and 12th.

For more information visit at www.nos.org.in
30th June 2017, 06:09 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in NIOS board candidate must have passed the lower standard.

So, to appear for 10th board examination with NIOS board candidate must have to pursue 9th and 10th from NIOS.

Similarly to appear for 12th you must have to pursue 11th and 12th from NIOS.

To get detail information visit at www.nos.org.in.
31st July 2017, 10:44 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

NIOS is an open schooling baord there is no ny criteria for age.
If you want to give 12th exam for this you will require your 10tg Mark sheet only.

NIOS is a an open schooling baord so there will be no need to attend regular classes
A candidate must be 10th passed to give 12th exam.
20th April 2018, 07:50 AM
Unregistered

Sir, if I have completed my B.ed & still wanted to have this course/ certificate.Does it make any sense?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?