30th December 2012, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for IAS examination? What all formalities are there?

how can i apply or what all formalities i have to do for applying for ias examination 2013? thankyou

4th January 2013, 01:43 AM
thriller.singh

Thumbs up Re: How to apply for IAS examination? What all formalities are there?

hi,
notifications for ias-2013 are expected to arrive in february of 2013.

you'll find notification for CSAT (or IAS-pre) on website of upsc- www.upsc.gov.in

filling this form is a simple procedure. and can be filled online on the same website or you can also buy offline form from your nearest post office.

you have fill general information in this form and do not have to attach any documents. you can get the admit card from the website, after it's available and it would also be mailed to the address of correspondence given by you.

once yo clear the csat, you'll hav to separately apply for IAS-main.

best of luck.
4th January 2013, 12:06 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to apply for IAS examination? What all formalities are there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how can i apply or what all formalities i have to do for applying for ias examination 2013? thankyou
There are two mode for filling this civil service examination, one is online mode through www.upsc.gov.in, and other is offline mode.
This civil service examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC)..You are a IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) aspirant, I appreciate it. But you have to complete your graduation from a recognized college, with whatever stream you like.

The minimum requirement for this civil service examination is a graduation degree form a recognized college, and whatever may be the stream is..Simultaneously, distribute some of your time to prepare general awareness and aptitude which are part of CSAT exam.For better results, you must join coaching classes, study updated books, articles and prepare as per the syllabus.

This civil service examination has three stages to be clear in order to become a IAS officer-
Selection Procedure : -

-- Preliminary Exam

-- Mains Exam

-- Interview Test

CSAT exam pattern--

optional subjects in CSAT examination
--

Optional subjects in MAINS--

Age limit--

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,

No. of attempts--

Four for the GENERAL candidates,
Seven for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates,

If you want to get more information, then please visit the official website -

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?