28th January 2013, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Can B.Tech students apply for IAS? Is there any difference for degree students and B.Tech?

sir,
can btech student apply for IAS ? if yes what will be the portion ..... is there any difference for degree students and btech ?

7th February 2013, 02:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can B.Tech students apply for IAS? Is there any difference for degree students and B.Tech?

Yes, graduates in any stream can apply for IAS. There is no difference or special privileges for B.Tech students over degree students. All need to go through the same selection procedure stipulated by UPSC. Selection is done through two stages, prelims or CSAT and mains. In mains you can opt for a subject related to engineering (electrical, civil, etc).
8th February 2013, 07:20 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can B.Tech students apply for IAS? Is there any difference for degree students and B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
can btech student apply for IAS ? if yes what will be the portion ..... is there any difference for degree students and btech ?
YES, Btech students can apply for the IAS exams.

The name of this exam is UPSC Civil,services exams.

UPSC conducts this exams once each year
This exam is held in three stages:
PRELIMS
MAINS
INTERVIEW

Next prelims exams would be held on 19th May 2013

Eligibilty to sit in the Prelims exams is Graduation pass in any stream.

Final year Graduation students can also apply

Age of the candidates should be between 21 and 30 years of age
OBC candidates can apply till 33 years
SC/ST candidates can apply till 35 years

In the prelims exams there are two papers of Objective type.

These two papers are common for all the candidates who appear in this exam
These two papers are of General studies.
5th April 2013, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Plz tell me vro exam notification date?and what is the syllabus?
7th June 2013, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

can i. complete B.tech and IAS coaching at a time in Braintree IAS. academy. .Do they offer that. type.emy of course? if not which Academy offers it?
7th June 2013, 04:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Any Graduate from a recognized University can apply for IAS examination.

There is no difference in the the preliminary examination and the question paper will be same for everyone.

In the Mains exam the optional subject will be according to you and you can opt for it according to your interest and preparation.

So start preparing for the examination because without qualifying Prelims you can not apply for Mains exam.

Age Limit:

Age should be between 21 to 30 years if you are General category candidates. Age relaxation is there for other reserved categories.

SC/ST - 5 years

OBC - 3 years

Number of Attempts:

General Category - 4 attempts

OBC Category - 7 attempts

SC/ST Category - No Limit

Selection Criteria:

It will be based on the marks obtained if following stages of the examination.

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Personality Test

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th June 2013, 09:15 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes. B.Tech. Candidate can apply for IAS as he /she is a Graduate, so any Graduate can apply for IAS.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to get through Civil Service Examination conducted every year by UPSC.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University withi the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

There is no difference between B.Tech. Graduate and other Graduate for CSAT exam but during Civil Service Main exam, the candidate has options to choose optional subjects according to his/her choice in order to write Civil Service Main Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th July 2013, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

SIR I'M DOING BBA FROM LPU DISTANCE EDUCATION SIR KINDLY PLESE TELL ME CAN I APPLY FOR IAS COACHING ?
20th July 2013, 08:23 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become Indian Administrative Service officer then you will have to appear for the Civil Services Examination. Now to appear for the exam you should have a graduation degree.

Bachelor of Technology may be 4 years course but it is also considered as degree course which means you are eligible for the Civil Services Examination after finishing the B.Tech course.

As mentioned that for Civil Services Examination any degree is good enough. There will be no advantage or disadvantage of completing any specific course. Neither the exam pattern or procedure to apply will vary from degree to degree.

If you want to apply then wait till next year when the forms will be released and fill it. You will then be called for Preliminary Exams in May/June. Only after clearing Preliminary, you will be allowed to appear for the Main Examination.

You will have to wait 6-9 months before the next notification for the exam is released. Don't waste the time and prepare for the Civil Services Examination. It is not an easy exam to crack.

IAS Eligibility

1. You have to be Indian citizen for IAS.

2. Bachelor's degree in any discipline will be accepted.

3. There is no marks criteria.

4. You should not be less than 21 years old.

5. Maximum of 30 years old candidates can apply.

6. But this is not the case for OBC who can apply up to 33 years.

7. SC/ST can apply till 35 years.

8. There are no physical criteria for IAS.

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview
21st July 2013, 04:45 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..............

Yes, you are eligible for IAS as per your qualificatio

IAS aspirants, first crack for Civil Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission

For this Civil Examination some eligiblity criteria are there

if you satisfy these all eligibility then you are eligible for civil examination

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination

Educational Qualification

>> Candidates have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university,

>> Final year students also eligible for this examination

>> There is no percentage required for this examination

Age Limit

>> Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

Nationality

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

** Preliminary Examination

** Mains Examination

** Interview Test

No.of Attempts

>> Maximum 7 attempts for general candidates

>> Maximum 4 attempts for OBC Candidates

>> There is no restriction for SC/ST candidates

Paper Pattern for IAS exam :-

1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.
3rd January 2014, 06:59 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir , i had done three diploma in computer science then after i had completd b.tech in computer science can i eligible for apply ias officer ?
5th May 2015, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

sir im studying b.tech ece ...for IAS exams we have any special subect to write a exam
22nd July 2015, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

I'm a student of b.tech from cs branch can i choose option in upsc mains exam
18th September 2015, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir iam from hbti kanpur from oil technology branch so please tell me from which main subject i do ias
10th September 2016, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

I'm B.tech student studying 3rd year after my completion of B.tech. Can i apply for the civil services..??
B.tech degree is enough for civil service examination..??
14th October 2017, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I get scholarship for next year If I detained due to attendance shortage in this year?
31st August 2020, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

I have completed btech in 5 years due to backlogs will i eligible to upsc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?