30th March 2011, 12:47 AM
illuminati13

Subjects and board which is suitable for me in 11th and 12th after giving 10th standard ICSE board exam?

Respected Sir/Madam,

I have recently given my std 10th ICSE board exams and would later want to go into an IIT institute.
Please suggest the subjects and board that would be most suitable for me in 11th and 12th.

Thank you

Related Questions:
  1. Which board and subjects will be the most suitable for 11th and 12th standard if I want to get into IIT?
  2. Which subjects and boards are suitable for a 11th and 12th standard students?
  3. What are the favourable and unfavourable factors of changing board from ICSE to CBSE for 11th standard?
  4. Is CBSE Board beneficial for getting admission in B.Tech? How subjects of CBSE Board is different from ICSE Board for 11th and 12th? Is engineering difficult for ICSE students?
  5. Should I transfer to WBCHSE Board to study 11th standard if expecting above 90% in PCM of 10th ICSE?
  6. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  7. What should I do after completing 10th board in ICSE between 11th and 12th from same board or go for Inter?
  8. CBSE or ICSE, which is easier to study in 11th standard for 10th ICSE student?
  9. Age limit to appear in 10th ICSE Board exam for 14 years old 9th student?
  10. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of ISC Board if completed 10th from ICSE Board?
  12. What subjects can I take in 11th after 10th board exams from ICSE? What career options those subjects will open?
  13. Whether NIOS Board is equivalent to CBSE/ICSE Board? Is it a barrier if completed 12th NIOS after 11th CBSE?
  14. Is it possible to change the board from CBSE to ICSE in 12th standard?
  15. Which board is better for taking admission in 11th in between ICSE and Karnataka State Board for a girl? -- [New]
  16. From which Board I should study 12th to purse Medical if completed 10th from ICSE Board? Do I have to appear in NEET-UG?
  17. Is it possible to shift from UP board to MP board after 11th class?
  18. Should I join State Board instead of repeating 11th having compartment in 2 subjects of CBSE Board?

3rd August 2011, 07:19 PM
sachin200792

Default Re: Subjects and board which is suitable for me in 11th and 12th after giving 10th standard ICSE board exam?

Dear friend,

To gain admission in an IIT institute, one must be at least 12th passed from some recognized board.

Only science students are eligible to apply for IIT JEE. So you should take science subjects in 11th and 12th standard. Specifically if you are interested in only engineering from IIT institutions then you must take non medical, taking computer science as a subject is your own choice and upto your interest. Otherwise you can take biology also.
You require three subject physics, chemistry and mathematics for certain to appear for IIT JEE exam. You need to prepare hard for the exam because the competition is tough and you have only got limited chances to 2 which are exactly in the same year you give your 12th board and the year next to it.

You can take any recognized board to give your 12th board examination like ICSE, CBSE, UP Board etc.

19th August 2011, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Subjects and board which is suitable for me in 11th and 12th after giving 10th standard ICSE board exam?

how to apply spelling be competetion

22nd September 2011, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

which subjects are more easy in 12th board physics,chemistry,biology or physics,chemistry,maths plz help me to decide i m totally confused

6th November 2011, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

HELLO.., i am ananya sarkar studying in assembly of god church school, asansol....in standard 9(ICSE).......which board cud be better for me for 11th and 12th standards????,,,,,, i want to pursue my career in medical.............. plz suggest me.... i am totally confused!!!!:-(

25th November 2011, 05:30 PM
Shweta1992

If you aim to get into an IIT, then Science is mandatory for you as the stream. Hence, you get Physics, Chem, Math, and for optional subjects, you can opt for Computer Applications or any other subject that is less heavy so that you can focus on your entrance preparation, or any other optional subject that interests you. All the best!

1st December 2011, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

i am studying in class x icse. I want to take humanities as subjects in class xi. Which board should i opt icse or cbse?

2nd December 2011, 07:55 PM
gaurav4chs

you should try some cbse schools. this is waht even i did. cbse pattern matcheds major exams such as aieee,jee,aipmt,seee,etc

3rd December 2011, 08:32 PM
Shweta1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminati13 View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,

I have recently given my std 10th ICSE board exams and would later want to go into an IIT institute.
Please suggest the subjects and board that would be most suitable for me in 11th and 12th.

Thank you
You can join state board and score decent marks. The stream has to be Science with Physics, Chemistry and Maths and any other subject as your extra optional which will suit you or anything that will not consume much time so that you can prepare well for your IIT.

6th December 2011, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

what should i do after my ICSE exams as i m in commerce stream so confused .so please tell me what to do after exams

18th February 2012, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

do icse board conduct 12 standard exam

3rd March 2012, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

dear sir i want to kno what is the chapter for iit

27th April 2012, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

which board to choose after 10 icse

15th January 2013, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

In the icse board 10th std which are the most scoring subjects in group 2 ?

19th January 2013, 11:22 PM
nikhinaya

If you aim to get into an IIT, then Science is mandatory for you as the stream. Hence, you get Physics, Chem, Math, and for optional subjects, you can opt for Computer Applications or any other subject that is less heavy so that you can focus on your entrance preparation, or any other optional subject that interests you.
You can join state board and score decent marks. The stream has to be Science with Physics, Chemistry and Maths and any other subject as your extra optional which will suit you or anything that will not consume much time so that you can prepare well for your IIT. You require three subject physics, chemistry and mathematics for certain to appear for IIT JEE exam. You need to prepare hard for the exam because the competition is tough and you have only got limited chances to 2 which are exactly in the same year you give your 12th board and the year next to it.

ALL THE BEST

20th January 2013, 12:21 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
For getting into IITs, it is compulsory for you to be a science stream student with physics, chemistry and mathematics as your subjects in higher secondary, 12th. Therefore, you will have to go for the science stream.
Now your next question is, what board you should opt for. As you belong from the ICSE board, there is no harm in continuing your schooling with this board only. Else, you can also join the central board of secondary education CBSE. They're having the same structure as compared to the other state board.
Gud luck

20th January 2013, 01:38 PM
sushildhaker

As you want to go for engineering in IITs so you have to take maths ,physics and chemistry as compulsory subjects.You can take these subjects in following board-

ISE

CBSE

Both are goo for students who want to prepare for engineering entrance exams since most of the syllabus for these exams is from CBSE board.Some coaching institutes you can join from class 11th-

Bansal classes,Kota

Resonance,Kota

Vibrant academy ,Kota

Career point Kota

Allen career institute Kota

Motion IIT JEE Kota

RISE academy Kota.

To get admission in Vibrant academy you have to qualify the entrance test of vibrant academy since they don't provide any admission directly.
.................................................. ......Best of Luck.............................................. ..............................

27th April 2014, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

I nave recently given icse10th board exams. I want to later go to AIPMT institute plz suggest which board either CBSE or ICSE?

28th May 2014, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

I wanna to be a judge then what subject i choose in 11class please help me i am totally confused

3rd February 2015, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

If my child is an average student, currently studying in the 10th Grade studying in an ICSE schooll.
Can he do his further studies in an IB board ? Which subjects are there in the 11th grade ?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?