1st April 2011, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required to sit for UPSC exam?

sir,
tell me about the percentage required for sitting in entrance of upsc and i am an commerce student

2nd April 2011, 11:00 AM
swati biswas

Default Re: Percentage required to sit for UPSC exam?

dear friend,

Eligibility Criteria

For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent
For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering
For Air Force Academy: Degree of a Recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering

best wishes
2nd April 2011, 12:06 PM
sri_green09

Post Re: Percentage required to sit for UPSC exam?

he or she should be a graduate of any discipline with a minimum of 55%....
2nd April 2011, 02:53 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
UPSC conducts examinations for various departments and therefore the required eligibility differs as per its requirements. Most of the examination requires the candidate to hold a bachelors degree and some even require masters degree. Since you are from commerce background and assuming that you are a graduate, you may apply for the following examinations.
Civil Service Examination
Central Police Force Exam
Combined Defense Service Exam (IMA)

For all these examination, you must hold a bachelors degree in any stream. There is no standard set for the percentage of marks in bachelors degree examination.

For more information, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
2nd April 2011, 06:40 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

There is no specific percentage for UPSC exam but your age should be between 21-30yrs.
3rd April 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

that's great!!!!!!!!!!!1
4th April 2011, 05:26 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

UPSC EXAM:
Generally,There is not any percentage criteria in UPSC exams.
You should have degree from a recognized institution/university to apply for UPSC exams.

For more details,you can refer to the official website:
www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Kapila~
18th April 2011, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

i have done b.com from annamalai university and my d.o.b is 27-09-86 can i eligible for upsc exams.
22nd April 2011, 12:46 PM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

A candidate must be graduate and he or she should score minimum 55% and a candidate must passed 12th with physics and maths.
22nd April 2011, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

Can students from humanities appear a NDA exam ??
27th April 2011, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am doing diploma can get chance in it....
28th April 2011, 12:48 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Percentage required to sit for UPSC exam?

NDA Query !!

Quote:
Can students from humanities appear a NDA exam ??
Students From Humanities or Arts Stream can Give NDA Exam and No harm in it.

Every One is Eligible for it (Means who has completed his 12 or Appearing for 12 board Exam).

But You will be in Trouble of Clearing NDA Exams if you don't have Mathematics in Arts stream because Math is One of the Subject in Exam.

Quote:
Even Diploma Candidates who are in Final Year can apply for NDA Exam but within Age Limits i.e 16 half to 19 years.
28th April 2011, 01:04 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Up till now they didn't asked minimum percentage required in any notification of UPSC exam.
That shows that passing percentage is required.
28th April 2011, 01:16 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have done b.com from annamalai university and my d.o.b is 27-09-86 can i eligible for upsc exams.
Quote:
sir,
tell me about the percentage required for sitting in entrance of upsc and i am an commerce student
- If you want to apply for UPSC examination then you must have age in between 21 to 30 years.

- But for NDA only you have have age in between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

- There is not any percentage criteria in UPSC exams.

- You must have degree from a recognized institution/university to apply for UPSC exams.

For complete details please visit official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in

All the Best...
28th April 2011, 01:32 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
sir,
No, there is no percentage eligiblity criteria in UPSC examination.

To apply for UPSC CSAT examination, Your age should between 21 to 30 years. And you have to pass in your bachelor degree because bachelor degree is the minimum eligiblity to apply for UPSC examination.

And if you have apply for UPSC NDA examination, Then for this your age should between 16.5 to 19 years and the minimum eligiblity criteria is Intermediate. So, after 12th you are eligible to apply for NDA examination.

So, the eligiblity criteria are vary form exams to exams.

So, dont worry, there is no percentage eligiblity criteria to apply for UPSC examination, And if you want to get complete information, then please visit the UPSC official website or read the given notifications -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: pdf nda22011_english.pdf(119.0 KB, 77 views)
28th April 2011, 01:53 AM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

UPSC EXAM:

There is no criteria for minimum percentage requirement to be eligible for any of the UPSC exam.

The minimum eligibility for CSAT is that a candidate must have passed graduation from any field from a recognized university.Students in the final year can also apply.Also age limit is between 21-30 years.

The UPSC also conducts the CDSE(Common Defence Service Exam), for selection of candidates to the various defence services.
For CDSE too, there is no requirement of minimum percentage.
So anyone who is a graduate, or is in the final year of graduation in any field may apply.
For those who want to apply for the Air Force or Navy, physics and maths is compulsory in 10+2.

For more details on the various exams conducted by the UPSC, visit:

www.upsc.gov.in
28th April 2011, 02:12 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Percentage required to sit for UPSC exam?

Quote:
sir,
There is no percentage criteria in any examination of UPSC.
But the qualification required for the different examinations are
different.

Since you have not mentioned the name of the UPSC examination
so its difficult to mention you the complete details regarding the
examination of UPSC.

You can get the complete details of different UPSC examinations from
its official web site which is
www.upsc.gov.in

So visit this web site to know about the various UPSC examinations.
28th April 2011, 02:41 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

There is no percentage requirement in UPSC.
A candidate who is graduate and is in the age group of 21-30 is eligible for the UPSC exam.
28th April 2011, 09:02 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
UPSC conducts multiple exam in a year with different dates so you need to decide first which exam you want to write like
  • IPS
  • IAS
  • CDS
  • IES
  • NDA
  • CIVIL SERVICE and many more

so first you need to decide your goal and then find the information about that

and for different exam conducted by upsc and their detailed information are describe in www.upsc.gov.in

However after graduation level exam they should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Examination.

Minimum education criteria = Graduate

most of the cases they donot prefer any percentage criteria ....
28th April 2011, 11:29 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

Eligibility Conditions

The following are the eligibility criteria for the application of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Examination

1. Nationality
2. Age Limits
3. Minimum Educational Qualifications
4. Number of attempts
5. Restrictions on applying for the examination
6. Physical Standards
Age Limits

1. A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.

Minimum Educational Qualifications

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
28th April 2011, 11:46 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

there are so many examination conducted by UPSC. the eligibility criterion for different examination is different. you have not clearly mentioned the name of the examination for which you want to apply.

some examination conducted by UPSC are
IES
Civil service
IFS
NDA
CDS and many more.

for few of this examination eligibility criterion is candidate should have minimum of graduation degree in any discipline and for few examination 12th pass is required. but for most of the examination there is no minimum percentage marks requirement is not mentioned. only pass candidate apply for the examination.

i will suggest you to read the notification carefully before applying for any type of examination. all eligibility criterion will be available on the notification. for notification of UPSC examination visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in

best wishes.
28th April 2011, 11:55 AM

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

The percentage does not matter , in a simple term a candidate must be a graduate.
28th April 2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Yes you are eligible for UPSC exam, so don't wait just prepare yourself for the exam.But careful about the number of attempts

Number of attempts

General candidates: four attempts.
Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.

Best Of Luck
28th April 2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
First of all complete your diploma after that go for a Degree, after completion of the degree then only you will become eligible for UPSC
28th April 2011, 01:16 PM
NEIL6

You should have degree of a recognized university and should have passed your +2 with physics and maths........thats all..
28th April 2011, 01:17 PM
BALWINDER SINGH

Dear friend......
For upsc exams .....
I will suggest you the site given below and you will surely get answer from there......you can get all answers from there.....
Www.upsc.gov.in
all the best....
28th April 2011, 01:19 PM
BALWINDER SINGH

Dear friend......
For upsc exams .....
I will suggest you the site given below and you will surely get answer from there......you can get all answers from there.....
Www.upsc.gov.in
all the best....
28th April 2011, 01:39 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

There is no specific percentage for UPSC exam but your age should be between 21-30yrs
28th April 2011, 01:47 PM
vijaybhattoo07

For NDA:-

Minimum academic qualifications prescribed:
(i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Age Limits: 16 ½ - 19 years.

UPSC Indian Forest Service (IFS) Examination
Minimum academic qualifications prescribed: A Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Sciences, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or forestry or Engineering of a recognised University or equivalent.
Age Limits: 21-30 years as on 01.07.2011
Remarks: Candidates appearing at the degree examination (with prescribed subjects) also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions.

UPSC Geologists’ Examination

Minimum academic qualifications prescribed: A candidate must hold (i) Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology; or (ii) Master’s degree in Mineral Exploration (for posts in Geological Survey of India only), or (iii) Master’s degree in Hydrogeology (for posts in central ground water board only) from a recognized university; or (iv) Diploma of Associateship in Applied Geology of the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.

UPSC Engineering Services Examination
Minimum academic qualifications prescribed: A degree in Engineering from a recognised University or equivalent. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subject acceptable for certain Services/posts only.
Age Limits: 21-30 years as on 01.08.2011
Remarks: Candidates appearing at Engineering degree or equivalent examination also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions.
28th April 2011, 01:49 PM
vijaybhattoo07

For NDA:-

Minimum academic qualifications prescribed:
(i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Age Limits: 16 ½ - 19 years.

UPSC Indian Forest Service (IFS) Examination
Minimum academic qualifications prescribed: A Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Sciences, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or forestry or Engineering of a recognised University or equivalent.
Age Limits: 21-30 years as on 01.07.2011
Remarks: Candidates appearing at the degree examination (with prescribed subjects) also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions.

UPSC Geologists’ Examination

Minimum academic qualifications prescribed: A candidate must hold (i) Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology; or (ii) Master’s degree in Mineral Exploration (for posts in Geological Survey of India only), or (iii) Master’s degree in Hydrogeology (for posts in central ground water board only) from a recognized university; or (iv) Diploma of Associateship in Applied Geology of the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.

UPSC Engineering Services Examination
Minimum academic qualifications prescribed: A degree in Engineering from a recognised University or equivalent. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subject acceptable for certain Services/posts only.
Age Limits: 21-30 years as on 01.08.2011
Remarks: Candidates appearing at Engineering degree or equivalent examination also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions.
28th April 2011, 01:51 PM
roligupta91

Quote:
sir,
Percentage required to sit for UPSC exam
Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Examination for recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 12th June , 2011 in accordance with the Rules published by the Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India extraordinary dated 2nd January, 2010.
(i) Indian Administrative Service
(ii) Indian Foreign Service
(iii) Indian Police Service
(iv) Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
(v) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
(vi) Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
(vii) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
(viii) Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’
(ix) Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Non-technical)
(x) Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
(xi) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
(xii) Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
(xiii) Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
(xiv) Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
(xv) Post of Assistant Security Officer in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
(xvi) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
(xvii) Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
(xviii) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
(xix) Armed Force Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
(xx) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’
(xxi) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakhadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’
(xxii) Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
(xxiii) Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’

The number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is expected to be approximately 965. The number of vacancies is liable to alteration.

Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes. Other Backward Classes and Physically Disabled Categories in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.

Eligibility conditions

Age limits: Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 1st August, 2011

The upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the notice

Educational qualifications: Degree of a recognized university or an equivalent qualification

Physical standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the regulations given in the appendix-III of rules for the civil services examination, 2011 published in the gazette of India extraordinary dated 19th February, 2011

Number of attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible, will be as follows

General category (04); P.H. candidates belonging to general category (07); OBC (07); SC/ST/ (no limit)
28th April 2011, 01:52 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

No any Percentage required to sit for UPSC exam. you should be graduate.

Eligibility for UPSC:-

IAS:- Age limits :- 21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for
SCs/STs, OBCs).

Educational Qualifications :- Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with
at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology,
Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

No. of permissible attempts :-for genrel 4 attempts
for OBCs 7 attemps and no limit for
SCs/STs
28th April 2011, 04:25 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

There is no limit of percentage you can be a student of any percentage range

preferably 50-55% at least

Many exams are there under UPSC(Union Public Service Examination)

But the special part of this goes always to IAS i.e., CSE(Civil Service Examination)

its my personal favourite too.

the details about it are

IAS is an central service and also deeply regarded as d most prestigious job..

Like this service there are other 24 services for which a common entrance test is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)

The main basic eligibility criteria for Civils Service Examination

->Candidate must have 21 years of age

->Candidate must complete at least degree from a recognized Indian University

this is all about the basic eligibility criteria of CSE

As per your qualification if you have completed Degree then definitely you are eligible for the exam..

You can go through the examination code for Civil Service Examination in the official website of UPSC

i.e.

www.upsc.gov.in

regards

~aditya~
28th April 2011, 05:11 PM
venkatesh467049
Banned

Last date of submission of form for MSc Chemistry in Pune University? What is the date of entrance exam?
28th April 2011, 07:34 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
There is no percentage criteria for this.
The ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA is as follows:-

For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent.

For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

For Air Force Academy: Degree of a Recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.

Thanks.
28th April 2011, 07:35 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
There is no percentage criteria for this.
The ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA is as follows:-

For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent.

For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

For Air Force Academy: Degree of a Recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.

Thanks.
28th April 2011, 07:36 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Percentage required to sit for UPSC exam?

Dear friend,

There is no percentage criteria to appear in UPSC entrance exam.

For example UPSC conducts NDA exam.

The eligibility criteria of NDA is as follows:

1. Age limit:

The age of the candidate must be at least 16 1/2 years and not more than 19 years on January 1st or July 1st of the year subsequent to the year of the exam.

2. Education qualification:

The candidates who have completed class 12th and the candidates who are going to appear for the class 12 or its equal exam are also eligible to submit an application for NDA exam.

Candidates who are appearing for the NDA exam must be unmarried males.

For more details visit website:

http://www.nda.nic.in/

*** Note For IAF and Navy 12th with physics & Maths required,

for left over 12th with any stream.

All the best.............................
6th May 2011, 12:20 PM
Abhi..nav

For UPSC
the most important thing you Tallent in your field
The Percentage recuirement are nominall
55%
10th May 2011, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

can we appea for indian foreign service after givin our 12 class exams with the following subject economic psycology political science entreprenurship
13th May 2011, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE CRITERIA REQUIRED FOR UPSC EXAMINATION?WHAT IS THE AGE FACTOR REQUIRED?WHAT IS THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIRED?THROUGH SCIENCE CAN WE APPEAR FOR IT?WE HAVE TO APPEAR FOR HOW MANY COMPETITIVE EXAMS FOR UPSC?HOW MANY ATTEMPTS WE CAN MAKE?ANY OTHER COURSES OF HIGHER STATUS IN INDIA THAT WE CAN DO?
29th June 2011, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

I am appearing for BBM(Agri) degree right now in college will i be eligible to appear for UPSC exams after completing my course?
26th October 2011, 10:31 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
sir,
hii friend...here i can help you....there is no particular percentage..........

you have to be a graduate from a recognised university............
27th October 2011, 01:51 AM
swapan100
Senior Member++

dear friend,

in most of the government Exams there is no high cut off
in upsc also there is same provission only having 50-55 % if u have then u r Eligilble for this
best of luck.
27th October 2011, 08:36 AM
amuyoga

Thumbs up Re: Percentage required to sit for UPSC exam?

eligibility criteria for upsc exam ..
=>candidate should attain a minimum age of 21
=>candidate should get degree from recognised university
=>candidate should get atleast 60% in his graduation..

all the best
27th October 2011, 09:17 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Percentage required to sit for UPSC exam?

Quote:
sir,
Percentage required to sit for UPSC exam?

UPSC conducts many exams like -NDA,IAS,IPS e.t.c so you must provide some more details for getting the complete answer of your questions .

But most of the upsc exams doesn't require any percentage criteria but you need to fulfill other eligibility criteria .For appearing in Civil Services examination , you must fulfill the following the eligibility criteria :
  • Age- 21 to 30
  • Ther has been 3 years of age relaxation for OBC and 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST.
  • Educational Qualification- Graduate from any stream.
  • Number of Permissible Attempts- 4 for general , 7 for OBC and Unlimited for SC/ST.

Eligibility criteria for NDA Exam

• Age- 16.5 to 19 years
  • Educational Qualification - 12th with science stream and maths cumpulsory.
  • Gender- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

With Regards
rchauhan294
29th October 2011, 03:41 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

In most of the UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) exams, there in nothing about the minimum percentage of requirements for appear in theses examinations like-
IAS(INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE)
IPS(INDIAN POLICE SERVICE )
IFS(INDIAN FOREIGN SERVICE)
IRS(INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE)
CDSE(COMBINED DEFENSE SERVICE EXAMINATION)-FOR APPLY IN MILITARY BRANCH.
IES (INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE)

For all these examinations , you just have to posses graduation degree from a recognized college,.
and the examinations like NDA(NATIONAL DEFENSE ACADEMY) & SCRA (SPECIAL CLASS RAILWAY APPRENTICE),you must have 12th degree from a recognized board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?