17th March 2015, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Final year student can appear in GATE 2015?

As I am in 5th semester of E.C. branch can anyone please do explain me that can I appear for GATE 2015?

17th March 2015, 02:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Final year student can appear in GATE 2015?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As I am in 5th semester of E.C. branch can anyone please do explain me that can I appear for GATE 2015?
No, 5th semester candidates of B.Tech are not eligible for GATE 2015 exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
17th March 2015, 02:21 AM
Subham Mazumdar

No, Currently you are not eligible to appear for GATE examination.

Only if you are passing out in 2016, then you are eligible to appear for GATE Examination as a Final year student.

As of now you have complete your 3rd year or 6th Semester, then only you can apply for GATE exam.

If you are in 5th semester then you are eligible for GATE exam Next year which will on Feb 2017.
17th March 2015, 12:28 PM
Mohit.Bansal

Sorry you cant apply for Gate while Studying in 5th semester.

For Gate Exam you should be in final year of Engineering. You can apply for the Exam while Studying in 7th or 8th Semester.
17th March 2015, 12:31 PM
Mohit.Bansal

Sorry you cant apply for Gate while Studying in 5th semester.

For Gate Exam you should be in final year of Engineering. You can apply for the Exam while Studying in 7th or 8th Semester.
17th March 2015, 12:44 PM
rritu sharma

hi friend , you are not eligible for gate because you are in 5th sem. but you have sufficient time for the preparation of gate .
gate exam is getting tough year by year.so prepare yourself well if u really want to clear the exam. as i have given exam n it ws quite difficult..
good luck friend for ur exam
17th March 2015, 01:18 PM

Dear sir/madam,
Yes final year students can appear for GATE exam wherein they complete the graduation in that same year because then you have to join for your M.Tech after it.

Currently as you are in 5th semester, you cannot appear for GATE this year but next year you will be a student in your final year and passing out, then you will become eligible for appearing in GATE.
17th March 2015, 03:43 PM
aroy8091

Hi

No , Final Year Students can't appear in GATE 2015. You have to wait for next year.

Actually previously upto 2011 GATE allows final Year students. But from 2012 They will not allow them.Before 2011 its score card is valid for 2 years and now it is valid for 1 year only.

GATE stands for General Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Syllabus of Gate are as follows:
1)General Aptitude
2)Technical Subjects as per students apply.

After Qualifying GATE Examination you can do Higher Studies and you can also apply for Jobs because now many companies are hiring GATE qualified candidate.

Regards
Amit
17th March 2015, 07:07 PM
violent viper

Hello ,

Final year engineering graduates can apply for GATE entrance examination.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Eligible engineering graduates can apply for this examination. It is conducted by IITK, once in a year. The examination will be conducted during the month of February. With GATE score, you can apply for PSU jobs and M. Tech at IITs.

As you are in pre final year now, you can start preparing for GATE examination. You can apply for the examination in your 8th semester. The point is that , you need to produce a certificate from Principal of your Institution.

Thank you.

Hope I helped you.
18th March 2015, 11:50 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam is conducted by the different IIT's every year. This year it was conducted by the IIT Kanpur.

To become eligible for the GATE examination, one should have completed at least their B.E/B.Tech from the recognized university.

However, final year candidates are also eligible but they have to submit an approval latter duly signed by the Head of the Department. As you have mentioned that your in 5th semester then you are not eligible right now. So, wait for the next year and then you become eligible to apply for GATE 2016.

Through GATE exam one can get job in PSU or admission in the M.E/M.Tech in respective branch.

This exam is completely online based.

GATE score are valid for three years.
18th March 2015, 02:52 PM
ravitejasingari
Junior Member+

hello friend

As you are in fifth semester you are not eligible to write the exam and you can write the examination in the eight semester.GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test) is the entrance examination for the B-Tech students to pursue their masters degree in IIT'S and NIT'S and the in top most colleges in India.The exam is completely online right now and the marks are normalized depending upon the difficulty of Question papers.The score you score is valid for three years.Now a days so many public sector units are offering jobs based on the gate score.The qualification of exam is minimum eligibility for some private sector jobs
18th March 2015, 04:33 PM
sachin200792

You can appear in the gate exam in the final year i.e. in the 4th year of graduation. Being in 5th semester you will not be eligible for the GATE exam. You cannot sit in the GATE exam because the form filling process requires you to get a certification from the college administration that you are in 4th year and that you are eligible for this exam. You will be eligible next year i.e., in the 8th semester of your graduation.
18th March 2015, 05:53 PM
bichapoda

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gate-Exam-Joel-Says.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	183433

No you cant apply for GATE exam while doing your 5th Semester.

Because to Apply for GATE exam you need to have completed or need to be in your Final year.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

To apply for GATE exam the Eligibility Criteria is :-
  • You need to have completed your Bachelor's .
  • You can also apply if you are in final year of Bachelor's .

As per your information your in 3rd year 2nd semester so please complete it and try to apply for GATE after your 4th or while your in 4th Year 2nd Semester.
18th March 2015, 11:44 PM
manmohan.jha

No you are not eligible for GATE this year as you are in 5th semester.Yo can appear in GATE only after completing the 6th semestre as final year studentand obviously after completing your degree.
18th March 2015, 11:58 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Hello Dear friend,
GATE stands for GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST FOR ENGINEERING.Final year students are also eligible for the GATE exams 2015.
Those who have completed their three years in the graduate level can appear in the GATE 2015 exams.

This is a very important exams for the graduates students.The gate rank holder students can go either for the higher studies like M.Tech Or can go for the Job IN PSU sector.
But the whole process is dependent on the basis of the GATE rank.
The Cut-off marks for the GATE exams has been given below-

Mechanical Civil Electrical Instrumentation

UR 65 15 15 7 7 35 144
SC 19 5 5 2 2 11 44
ST 10 2 2 1 1 5 21
OBC 35 8 8 3 3 19 76
Total 129 30 30 13 13 70 285

The jobs offered through gate rank varries as per the PSUs companies.
All the government companies have their own Criteria and the different companies have thier own cut-off for the gate rank holder.
Hence your are kindly requested to please visit the official websites of these companies on the regular basis.

Hope it helps you.
BYE
7th August 2016, 09:43 AM
nayand1234

I am sorry to say but you are not eligible to appear or apply for the GATE exam.
You can apply to give the GATE exam in your last year i.e 7th or 8th semesters.
Currently you are in the 3rd year thus it is not possible for you to apply.
You must know that to apply for GATE being in 4th year is not the only eligibility criteria and that you must also not have a backlog i.e KT.
Upon the failure of which you will not be able to take admission in any college you get admission via GATE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?