30th December 2015, 07:02 AM
Unregistered

What is the age limit to become a Lecturer without experience?

I want to become a Lecturer in any government college. But i do not have any working experience before. So tell me what is the age limit for becoming a Lecturer in government college with no prior experience?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the age limit to be a lecturer?
  2. What are the opportunities in Tamilnadu after completion of CS course? What is the age limit for joining as a lecturer?
  3. What is the age limit for government lecturer post? When will be the notification?
  4. Can I become a Lecturer after completing LLM course? Age limit to apply for LLM course? -- [New]
  5. Is there any age limit to join as a Lecturer in Government Service after qualifying UGC NET lectureship?
  6. Age limit to appear for NET exam? Age limit to get a lecturer job?
  7. Can I get a job in government polytechnic after completing B.E Electronics? Which exams should I answer?
  8. Age limit to get a government teacher job and of a lecturer?
  9. Is B.Ed must to teach in colleges? I have done B.Com from Bangalore University
  10. If I give UGC exam after the age of 35 will I be able to teach in a university? Where can I apply for a job as a lecturer?
  11. Age limit to appear for NET exam? Age limit to get a lecturer job?
  12. Is there any age limit to join as a lecturer in government colleges to candidates who have qualified in UGC NET Lecturership?
  13. How to work in government college(Lecturer) after completing B.Tech IT with 8.1 CGPA
  14. What are the rules and regulations to follow for applying lecture post in Government colleges?
  15. Is experience necessary to appear in GMAT? Age limit to apply for GMAT?
  16. Can I give NET Exam being a candidate of BE in Computer Science Engineering?
  17. Age limit for senior college lecturer? eligibility and procedure for NET SET Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I apply for Ph.D after having 4 years of experience as a lecturer?
30th December 2015, 04:47 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit to become a Lecturer without experience?

Yes, you are eligible to become lecturer in government college without experience, but you have to qualify in NET or SET examination.

NET examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as lecturer in colleges. The examination is conducted twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

* Candidates must have passed master's degree from recognised university.

* Candidate must have minimum 55% aggregate in master's degree.

So, if you have above qualification you are eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
30th December 2015, 06:07 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There is no such requirement for any such experience but you will probably have to fulfill the eligibility criteria in order to become a lecturer, once you fulfill the eligibility criteria, you can probably opt for job in any government school/college on the basis of the degree.

You should be atleast 28 years of age in order to become a lecturer in any government organization.
30th December 2015, 08:03 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

There is no age limit to become lecturer in government college, but you have to appear and qualify in NET/SET examination for final recruitment.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 2nd/final year of master course.

Candidate must have scored minimum 55% aggregate in master degree and relaxation of 5% for SC/ST.

There is no upper age limit to appear in examination for lecturer post. So, you can appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at http://www.ugc.ac.in.
31st December 2015, 05:55 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

A candidate can become lecturer in government college either by clearing State Eligibility Test or National Eligibility Test. SET is conducted by State Government and NET exam is conducted by University Grants Commission.

The eligibility criteria for both of these examination is post graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. There is no such work experience required to become lecturer in government college.

A candidate must have at least 55% marks in master's degree to apply for exam. There is no upper age limit for lecturer, you can become lecturer at any age after master's degree. You can apply for vacancies out after clearing NET or SET exam.
31st December 2015, 07:34 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There is no requirement of work experience for lecturer in government colleges. You cab become lecturer in government college even without work experience. What you need to do is to crack National Eligibility Test conducted by University Grants Commission.

For this exam, you must be post graduate and minimum percentage of marks is 55% in master's degree. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship post under NET exam. If you satisfy both criteria, you can also apply for State Eligibility Test conducted by state government for lecturers in state government colleges.

For more details about UGC NET exam, you can visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
31st December 2015, 08:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For lecturer in government colleges you should try before the age of 35 years if you don't have any experience. For government lecturer job NET/SET qualification is very essential.

As far as age limit for NET/SET lectureship there isn't any upper limit to it. Hence, you shouldn't be worried about age.
31st December 2015, 10:06 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

No, maximum age limit to become lecturer in colleges. So, candidates having master's degree with 55% percent are eligible to appear for NET examination.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and it is conducted by UGC. It is necessary to qualify in NET examination to become lecturer.

There is no experience required to appear for examination and hence you are eligible to appear for examination without any experience.

For more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?