23rd April 2016, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Which graduation to opt for to become an IPS officer in future?

My graduation Complete with 65%(BCA) i want to become an IPS officer then you tell me BCA candidate Eligible for IPS or not? Can someone please provide me the complete detail son the same? Who can provide me the answer on this?

24th April 2016, 12:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation to opt for to become an IPS officer in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My graduation Complete with 65%(BCA) i want to become an IPS officer then you tell me BCA candidate Eligible for IPS or not? Can someone please provide me the complete detail son the same? Who can provide me the answer on this?
You have completed BCA course, so you are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

Those who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates.

Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
24th April 2016, 01:30 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC and after qualifying in examination become eligible for final recruitment as an I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university and have minimum passing percentage.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category. So, you can appear for examination.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th April 2016, 10:25 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Police Service with the above mentioned criteria. To join Indian Police Service (IPS), you need to appear in Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

>> The minimum qualification required for Civil Services Preliminary Examination is "Degree of a recognized university" or its equivalent.

>> Candidates who are doing their Final year are also eligible to apply for Civil Services Preliminary Examination.

>> There is no particular percentage required to be eligible for appearing in this recruitment. As there is no particular percentage criteria, you do not need to worry about the percentage.

>> As Graduation in any discipline is allowed, you are certainly eligible to join Indian Police Service being a BCA Graduate. .

Click here for More Details
24th April 2016, 12:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed BCA are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as an I.P.S, I.F.S, I.A.S etc. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in final year of graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline with minimum passing percentage.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years and relaxation in upper age limit for OBC and SC/ST.

So, you can appear for examination but before final recruitment you have to qualify in all stages of examination. Detail information about examination is available at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th April 2016, 12:36 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

To become an IPS officer you will have to appear in the civil services examination

The civil service examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission is not only to be IPS officer

Eligibility

Only Indian citizen are allowed to appear for IPS exam

Age criteria

The general category candidate should be between 21 to 30 years

Candidates from other categories get 3 years relaxation in upper age limit

Qualification

Candidate who have completed graduation in any stream can appear for IPS exam.
24th April 2016, 04:02 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for appearing in the entrance exam for IPS states that the candidate must have passed graduation in any stream from any affiliated institute. So being a BCA passed candidate you are eligible for appearing the entrance exam for IPS post. Your age must not be more than 30 years for appearing in the exam and you should be a citizen of India to be an IPS officer.
24th April 2016, 04:17 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

First of all I appreciate your willingness to become an IPS officer in future. You have completed your BCA degree with 65% marks and want to know about the eligibility for the IPS exam. Basically UPSC conducts Civil Service Exam every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS and various other posts. Following are the eligibility criteria for this exam:

Education qualification: Student must possess graduation degree from a recognized university. You have done BCA course, so you are definitely eligible for the exam.

Age Limit: 21 to 32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category student as per govt. rules.

Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of Preliminary exam, Mains exam followed by interview.

>>If you still have any doubt regarding the eligibility criteria then you can go through the detailed advertisement of UPSC Civil Services Exam notification which is easily downloaded from internet.
24th April 2016, 08:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IPS examination after completion of your Graduation in BCA course from a recognised university. To become an IPS officer, you must have to appear in IPS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. Nationality :- Indian

2. Educational Qualification :- Graduation or equivalent from a recognised university.

3. Age Limit :- 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. Physical Standards :- You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IPS examination notification.
24th April 2016, 09:49 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Graduation in any stream is opting to become an IPS Officer. The aspirant has to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by the UPSC to become an IPS Officer. The eligibility to attend the civil services examination is a pass in graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university. There are Preliminary Examinations, Mains Examinations and Interview for the selection. The aspirant has to prepare well to clear for the preliminary examinations.
The UPSC website link is Click Here.
24th April 2016, 11:32 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer one of the highest post in the administrative field you will have to clear Civil Services examination.

* Civil Services examination are held once every year by Union Public Service Commission in three stages which includes Preliminary test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are here under :-

* You must have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category. Otherwise age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed or pursuing the final year of your graduation degree course with any stream of your choice from a recognized regular or open university.

* You must be physically fit as per the service requirement norms for being an IPS officer.

As it is clear from above mentioned eligibility criteria that any graduation degree holder are eligible for appearing in the same examination so being a BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) degree holder you are eligible for appearing in the same examination on the basis of your educational qualification.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in or www.upscexam.com.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?