21st May 2016, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy being a 32 years old 12th Science student? Basic salary of Merchant Navy? Chances to get promotion after 3 years?

I am a student of 12th Science and my age is 32 years. Can I join Merchant Navy? What is the basic salary for Merchant Navy and after 3 years what are the chances of promotion? What is the eligibility criteria to get promotion with increasing salary?

22nd May 2016, 07:35 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy being a 32 years old 12th Science student? Basic salary of Merchant Navy? Chances to get promotion after 3 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of 12th Science and my age is 32 years. Can I join Merchant Navy? What is the basic salary for Merchant Navy and after 3 years what are the chances of promotion? What is the eligibility criteria to get promotion with increasing salary?
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for Merchant Navy at the age of 32 years. Those who interested to make their career in Merchant Navy must fulfill the below criteria;

For Deck cadet –

- The candidate must complete Diploma in Nautical Science.

- The minimum education qualification required for Merchant Navy is Plus two with P.C.M (Physics, Chemistry and Math) as compulsory subjects and you must scored minimum 50% in aggregate and 50% in English at 12th level.

Age Limit :

- The candidate age limit should be in between 16 years to 25 Years.

Medical Standards:

- The candidates should be physically and Mentally fit. The candidate eye sight should be, 6/6 without glasses and No color Blindness.
23rd May 2016, 12:50 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy being a 32 years old 12th Science student? Basic salary of Merchant Navy? Chances to get promotion after 3 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for Merchant with 32 years. The candidate age should be not more than 25 years to be eligible for Merchant Navy job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?