16th January 2017, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Is there any disadvantage for study gap year students in Delhi University? What is the disadvantage?

Respected Sir, I want to know is there any disadvantage for study gap year students in Delhi University? If yes then please tell me what is the disadvantage? Will it be effective of studies? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the disadvantage of doing post graduation from deemed university?
  2. Is it a disadvantage to do open schooling through private?
  3. What is digital evaluation? Disadvantage of this method?
  4. Could I get admission in XLRI after working as a group officer in government? Any advantage/disadvantage in taking the challenge?
  5. What are the advantage and disadvantage of taking B.Sc course after completion of SSC board exam?
  6. Which is best to learn software AutoCAD or CATIA for a mechanical student? What is the advantage and disadvantage of both? -- [New]
  7. What is the difference between CBSE Board and State Board?
  8. Disadvantage of doing M.Ed after B.Ed?
  9. Is there any disadvantage of leaving the company? I am working in company but want to pursue my M.Tech from IIT
  10. What is the benefit of choosing school based over board based exam in Class 10th?
  11. What is the advantage and disadvantage of power sector job?
  12. Difference between 3 years MCA and Lateral Entry MCA? Any disadvantage of studying in Lateral Entry MCA compared to 3 years MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I study if discontinued M.Sc(Electronics) in Delhi University around 5 years ago?
  14. Eligibility to study B.Sc(Electronics) in Delhi University for a Diploma holder who has 2 years of academics gap?
  15. Is there any difference between regular and compartment results in CBSE
  16. How many years would it take to complete the diploma course?
  17. What are the exceptions for SC category students? Do they have any kind of disadvantages?
  18. Is it possible to seek admission in Delhi University? Is there any quota for NRI students in Delhi university?
17th January 2017, 09:46 PM
eSolution
Junior Member+

Default Re: Is there any disadvantage for study gap year students in Delhi University? What is the disadvantage?

It might happen that a person cannot continue or there is a study gap between the studies. If there is a study gap then it should not be more than 2 years. Some of the companies will not take you if there is a gap of even 1 year. So, this is the disadvantage of year gap.
18th January 2017, 05:47 AM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: Is there any disadvantage for study gap year students in Delhi University? What is the disadvantage?

No, there are no technical disadvantages for study gap year students. Not just in Delhi University but in any other university in India.But the acceptance rate of such students still remains quite low.
Some colleges in fact acknowledge a gap year and offer to put your current courses on hold for an year until you resume. Upon resuming you can start with whatever courses you had opted for an continue with the next semester.
As far as Delhi university is concerned they do not allow students to take gap in between courses. As far as already taken gap students are welcome but the university does not prefer gap year students.
Yes, your academics and other credentials must be sky rocketing for you to be able to get an admission in DU after a year of gap.
Also, it is advisable to carry a gap year affidavit to be submitted to the university at the time of application.
18th January 2017, 10:45 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Having a year gap is not a very big issue but if without a valid reason, you can face some issues during your selection process during interviews. You should however be good at your academics and in co-curricular activities so as to sort of overshadow your year gap.
23rd May 2017, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I register again in du 2017 I mean I hav to change my course for readmission
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?