14th March 2017, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to become a railway engine driver?

Hi Sir, I am Chandra Shekar. I have completed 12th with 93%. I want to become a railway engine driver or any officer. Please contact me. How to become or tell me to take certain course.
This is my contact no 9666894163 or my mail id [email protected] iam scheduled caste (ST) person. Please contact me Sir.

15th March 2017, 10:37 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to become a railway engine driver?

The minimum qualification to become a railway engine driver is 10th standard with ITI in specific trade or diploma in electronics/electrical/mechanical etc from a recognized institute. The age limit is 18 to 30 years and and there are age relaxations for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per government norms. With this eligibility one has to appear for RRB entrance examination. After qualifying the examination proper training will be provided and as you will gain experience you will be promoted to railway engine driver.

As you have completed 12th standard, so now you can do ITI course in specific trades or diploma courses and hence, after that you can apply for the examination.
16th March 2017, 01:41 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, I am Chandra Shekar. I have completed 12th with 93%. I want to become a railway engine driver or any officer. Please contact me. How to become or tell me to take certain course.
This is my contact no 9666894163 or my mail id [email protected] iam scheduled caste (ST) person. Please contact me Sir.

In Indian Railway the post of engine driver will be Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP). The candidates who have passed 10+2 and ITI recognized by NCVT/SCVT or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Automobile Engineering recognized by AICTE or higher qualification are eligible for the Assistant Loco Pilot post in Indian Railways. The recruitment will be done by Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). The selection process consists of Written Examination followed by Aptitude Test and Document Verification. You can apply to the job through online, when the notifications are released in the RRB. If you clear the selection process then you will be selected for training.
16th March 2017, 07:55 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To become a railway engine driver the candidate should have completed his matriculation from a recognized board this is the minimum eligibility, then the candidate need to appear for the exam which is conducted by the RRB (Railway Recruitment Board). The candidate should also have an ITI qualification degree. The age should be in between 18 to 30 years. The candidate who will successfully clear the exam will be called for a personal interview. If the candidate passes the interview, then the training will start after completion of the training the candidate will be appointed as a diesel or electric locomotive assistant driver then after a few months when the candidate will gain some experience and knowledge then the candidate will be promoted as a Railway engine driver.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?