14th March 2017, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian navy after class 10th?

Good morning Sir, I am Raghu studying in CBSE class 10, having height more than 170 cms & active in scouts and guides and also in sports. I wish to join the Indian navy because I want to do all adventures things like sailing, yachting, water sports, polo, etc. I don't know whether Indian navy provide the facilities for girls. If yes, please tell me Sir, which option I should take next & what is the procedures for that. Sir, please reply briefly because I really wish to be a part of Indian navy.

15th March 2017, 08:33 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian navy after class 10th?

To join Indian Navy after completion of your 10th standard, you have to pursue your higher studies in HSC/ 12th standard in Non-Medical Science stream from a Government recognized board. Only unmarried male candidates who are in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible to appear in NDA examination. You should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy.
15th March 2017, 10:11 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

A girl candidate can join Indian navy after passing bachelor's degree through CDS exam.

Eligibility criteria for CDS Exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate must have Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from any recognized university.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 19 years to 22 years .

-The selection process involves of

* Written Exam

* Interview by Services Selection Board.
16th March 2017, 01:11 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good morning Sir, I am Raghu studying in CBSE class 10, having height more than 170 cms & active in scouts and guides and also in sports. I wish to join the Indian navy because I want to do all adventures things like sailing, yachting, water sports, polo, etc. I don't know whether Indian navy provide the facilities for girls. If yes, please tell me Sir, which option I should take next & what is the procedures for that. Sir, please reply briefly because I really wish to be a part of Indian navy.

You can apply for Indian Navy after Class 10th for the post of Steward, Cooks through Matric Recruit and Non Matric Recruit. The applicant age should be between 17-21 years at the time of recruitment. Applicant must be Indian Citizen and applicant should be unmarried male. Applicant should have passed 10th examinations. Candidates should be at least 157cm in height and should possess good mental and physical health. The selection process consists of written examination and Physical Fitness Test (PFT). After clearing the initial rounds, candidates will have to undergo medical examination. The Indian Navy website link is Click Here
16th March 2017, 03:41 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to join Indian Navy:-

You can't join Indian Navy after class 10th. If you want to join then you have to pass 12th with Physics and Maths stream.

After this you have o qualify the NDA exam

NDA exam is conducted by U.P.S.C. twice in a year

The candidate apply for NDA exam must be in between 16.5 to 19 years

Only unmarried male candidate are eligible in this exam

Selection Procedure:-

Written Exam

Interview

Medical Exam.
16th March 2017, 11:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you cannot join Indian Navy just after completion of 10th Class. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for joining Indian Navy is

>> 12th Class or Graduation from a recognized university.

>> Yes, you must have done either 12th Class or Graduation in order to be eligible.

>> I suggest you to pursue 11th and 12th Classes and then appear in National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination in order to join Indian Navy as there are several wings in NDA/ NA Recruitment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?