15th July 2018, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 10th Sikkim Board to become an IAS Officer?

I am studying in 10th standard from Sikkim Board. I am weak in studies but my aim is to become an IAS Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 10th Board exam from this Board so that I can achieve my aim?

17th July 2018, 06:11 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 10th Sikkim Board to become an IAS Officer?

Percentage required in 10th board to become an IAS officer:-

The percentage of marks attained in 10th or 12th class will not be considered for IAS / IPS posts.

Graduation is the qualification for the same. Only a pass marks in graduation is essential for these posts. Qualifying UPSC civil services exam for this. Physical test and personal interview need to be attended provided you clear preliminary and main exam.
17th July 2018, 06:34 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per the minimum eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is that a candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University and the candidate must have passed in all the academic records. The percentage doesn't matter.
17th July 2018, 10:55 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer your 10th percentage does not matter but yes you should pass it with good marks.
Only those candidates are eligible to appear in civil services who have completed their graduation in any stream from a recognised University.
Percentage in graduation or 12th or 10th does not matter but yes you should have passed all your academics with passing marks.
18th July 2018, 10:51 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one needs to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

The minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a gradudation in any stream from a recognized university. Students in the final year of their graduation degree course are also eligible. Also, the marks and stream of academics at any level does not matters for the eligibility of a candidate for appearing in the same examination.

So, even you pass your Class 10th board examination with passing marks then also you can appear for the same examination once you complete your graduation degree course.

For more details regarding the civil services examination , you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?