7th August 2011, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Information about IAS and IPS exam? Which subjects can I choose if I am doing B.Tech CSE?

HELLO,m fourth year student of b.tech,branch - computer science.
i don't know about IAS & IPS EXAM,please tell me about these exams and which subject can i choose.

8th August 2011, 07:27 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Information about IAS and IPS exam? Which subjects can I choose if I am doing B.Tech CSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i don't know about IAS & IPS EXAM,please tell me about these exams and which subject can i choose.
I will Help you out to give you the basic knowledge about IAS/IPS examinations

Actually IAS/IPS are not examinations they are services i.e., civil services to serve mankind or citizens of India the whole procedure is under Indian Civil Services.

To recruit personnel in to these services there has to be some government body, So that Government group is called UPSC(Union Public service commission)

The examination conducted to recruit in to these services is called CSE(Civil Service Examination).

This exam is conducted every year but the procedure of the examination will continue years long in short the examination or Selection process will be 1 and half years.

This procedure will be in the form of three stages i.e.,
->Preliminary(CSAT)
->Mains
->Interview

after clearing all these rounds you will be selected in to anyone of the services and you will be given a cadre.

The eligibility for this examination is 21 years of age and a degree while appearing in to the examination.

This is all the basic stuff regarding your doubt.

If you have any further doubts feel free to pose question in this forum. Hopefully I or my friends of the forum will help you out.

Regards

~AdityA~
8th August 2011, 07:34 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about IAS and IPS exam? Which subjects can I choose if I am doing B.Tech CSE?

hi dear
after complete your degree graduation then you apply for
IAS/IPS exam
criteria:-
*Candidate must be an indian
*Age- 21 to 30 years
5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidate
3 years relaxation for OBC candidate

attempts:-
4 times for general candidate
7 times for OBC
no limits for SC/ST candidate

Exam pattern:-
There is 2 exam
1) Preliminary exam
2)Final exam

In Pre liminary exam there is 2 subject on this you give this exam

*General knowledge
* Optional subject- choose by candidate

i will give you various optional subject's are:-

# General Studies
# Essay
# English Qualifying
# Indian Languages
# Mathematics
# Agriculture
# Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
# Botany
# Chemistry
# Civil Engineering
# Commerce
# Economics
# Electrical Engineering
# Geography
# Geology
# Indian History
# Law
# Mathematics
# Management
# Mechanical Engineering
# Medical Science
# Philosophy
# Physics
# Political Science
# Psychology
# Public Administration
# Sociology
# Statistics
# Zoology
# Anthropology

Good Luck..............
8th August 2011, 09:08 AM
sachin200792

Default Re: Information about IAS and IPS exam? Which subjects can I choose if I am doing B.Tech CSE?

Since you are a last year student of your undergraduation course you must know that you are eligible for IAS exam. The subjects you can choose as optional subjects are Agriculture, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, History, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, etc. These are some subjects for which you can opt to appear for your IAS or IPS exam. Both are conducted by UPSC and they both have same exam.
8th August 2011, 10:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

you can choose any subject from given below list . if you are confidence then you should choose the subject.

the subjects are:-

Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology

thanks
8th August 2011, 01:28 PM
rana2011
Banned

IAS/IPS is under Indian Civil Services.

To recruit personnel in to these services there has to be some government body, that is called UPSC(Union Public service commission).

And The examination conducted to recruit in to these services is called CSE(Civil Service Examination).

This exam is conducted every year but the procedure of the examination will continue years long in short the examination or Selection process will be 1 and half years.

This procedure will be in the form of three stages like:-
**Preliminary(CSAT)
**Mains
**Interview

After clearing all these rounds you will be selected in to anyone of the services and you will be given a cadre.

The eligibility for this examination is compleate your graduation and 21 years of age.

thanks!
13th September 2011, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

I AM A BCOM GRADUATE AND 25YEARS OLD.I HAVE 5 YEARS WORKING EXPERIENCE IN THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY.I AM 5FT 7IN TALL WITH A BODY WEIGHT OF 52 KGS,BASICALLY I AM SLIM BODIED.I AM REQUIRED TO KNOW THE PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT TO BE ELLIGIBLE FOR IAS/IPS SERVICE EXAMINATIONS CONDUCTED BY UPSC.ALSO LIST ME THE MOST FAVOURABLE SUBJECTS,AS I AM ALSO HOTEL MANAGEMENT STUDENT.ALSO, PLEASE INFORM ME IF I CAN WORK ABROAD AS WELL AS ANSWER THOSE EXAMINATIONS.
13th September 2011, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

I am 25 years and I am a B.Com graduate.I have also a Diploma in Hotel Management from recognized University.My question is whether i am eligible to answer as IAS/IPS civil service examination,this year 2011.As i am also working is it okay, or do i have to wait until i get selected to answer this examination.Also, please note i am 5ft 6in tall with a body weight of 52kg only is it okay with the required physical requirement,to be eligible for answering a civil service examination.PLEASE answer my queries,thank you.
20th November 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

after 12th non-medical what i do for IAS
10th January 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Hi this is ashish banerjee from orissa and i will be a graduate in 2014 in b.tech electronics and telecom branch.
Myself is also one of ias aspirants and i know all the procedures to get the job but tell me the subjects that i should choose keepng my branch into consideration to prepare for the exam
23rd April 2012, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of B.E. computer science engineering in 3rd year and I want to become a IPS officer so what subject i choose for my ips examination preparation
23rd April 2012, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

which coching institute is best for Ips examination
13th May 2012, 08:45 PM
BIKARANT RAI

hi friends,
i am bikarant rai
I will Help you out to give you the basic knowledge about IAS/IPS examinations

Actually IAS/IPS are not examinations they are services i.e., civil services to serve mankind or citizens of India the whole procedure is under Indian Civil Services.

To recruit personnel in to these services there has to be some government body, So that Government group is called UPSC(Union Public service commission)

The examination conducted to recruit in to these services is called CSE(Civil Service Examination).

This procedure will be in the form of three stages i.e.,
->Preliminary(CSAT)
->Mains
->Interview

after clearing all these rounds you will be selected in to anyone of the services and you will be given a cadre.

The eligibility for this examination is 21 years of age and a degree while appearing in to the examination.

This is all the basic stuff regarding your doubt.

If you have any further doubts feel free to pose question in this forum. Hopefully I or my friends of the forum will help you out.
10th June 2012, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

WHICH SUBJECT I OPT WITH MANAGEMENT SUUBJECT?
10th July 2012, 08:52 PM
srishailgowda

Question Re: Information about IAS and IPS exam? Which subjects can I choose if I am doing B.Tech CSE?

Quote:
im studying in 4th year BE(ise),,please tell me about the IPS and the subjects to choose?
12th July 2012, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

HI I AM JASNEET DOING B.Sc MEDICAL. I M IN 2 YEAR. WHICH SUBJECTS I SHOULD CHOOSE. EITHER I CHOOSE SCIENCE SUBJECTS OR ARTS SUBJECTS. I HAVE INTEREST IN ARTS SUBJECTS.
23rd July 2012, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

how many posts of IAS officer in every year? and how the procedure and criteria to select this post?
14th November 2012, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

hai im intermediate second year student i want to become an i.a.s officer. Which degree is more favourable for this course
14th November 2012, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

I m in 12th now having humanity .I want to join any of the civil service please suggest me about Ias and IPs .
29th November 2012, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

I am Nand kishor Gupta . I am in 12th now want t prepare myself for IPS and IAS please suggest me what I have to do
6th February 2013, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

who is the first captain of cricket indian team ?
29th May 2013, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

i hav passed 10 cbse exam with 93% and in am intrested in becoming IPS so for this what i need to do further??
30th May 2013, 01:02 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend IAS and IPS exam under Indian Civil Services exam this exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibilty criteria for apply this exam:-

Candidate should be an Indian.

Candidate must have to completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age limit is 21 to 30 years for General category candidates.

OBC category candidates 3 years age relaxation and SC/ST category candidates 5
years age relaxation.

This procedure will be in the form of three stages:-

- Preliminary(CSAT)

- Mains

- Interview

If you are confidence then you should choose the subject.
i will give you various optional subject's are:-

Agriculture

Management

Mathematics

Anthropology

Mechanical Engineering

Botany

Medical Science

Chemistry

Philosophy

Civil Engineering

Physics

Commerce & Accountancy

Economics

Psychology

Geography

Sociology

Geology

Statistics

Indian History

Zoology

I hope this will be helpfull for you.

All the best...................
30th May 2013, 01:53 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

You don't need to worry. I will provide you the complete information about IAS or IPS Exam.

Every year UPSC conducts civil services exam in order to recruit the candidates into various civil services like
Indian Administrative Service
Indian Police Service
Indian Revenue Service etc.

The complete selection procedure is by
CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

The required eligibility criteria to appear for CSAT Exam is as follows
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who have completed Graduation and waiting for the results can also apply for this exam.

Age criteria :
A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

For Main, one have to opt for Optional subjects. I think Mathematics is one of the better choice for you as optional subject.

You can also opt for Physics if you are interested.

You should have score well in order to be placed in IAS or IPS.

So, I suggest you to have good preparation for the written exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
30th May 2013, 03:06 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend

The best subject to choose when is from your stream only i.e., you can choose physics, chemistry, maths, statistics etc

Subjects To prepare for IAS Exam

1. Commerce
2. Political Science
3. Economics
4. Psychology
5. Electrical Engineering
6. Public Administration
7. Philosophy
8. Civil Engineering
9. Physics
10. Geography
11. Sociology
12. Geology
13. Statistics
14. Indian History
15. Zoology
16. Law
17. Agriculture
18. Mathematics
19. Animal Husbandry
20. Mechanical Engineering
21. Botany
22. Medical Science
23. Chemistry

all the best

syllabus-ias-prelim-mains-2010-vision-ias.pdf
Scheme-for-UPSC-Civil-Services-Examination.pdf
30th May 2013, 03:45 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Information about IAS and IPS exam? Which subjects can I choose if I am doing B.Tech CSE?

Quote:
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

Dear Friend,

A candidate must have completed their Graduation Study in any Discipline from Recognized Universities are eligible for IAS And IPS Exam....

Final years student who are waiting for their final result can also apply for this exam....

Citizenship of India...

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.

OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.

SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4

OBC - max. 7.

SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:

Preliminary Exam.

Main Exam

Interview

Subjects for IAS :-

Agriculture

Animal Husbandry and Vetinary science

Anthropology

Botany

Chemistry

Civil engineering

Commerce and accountancy

Economics

Electrical engineering

Geography

Geology

History

Mathematics

Management

Mechanical engineering

Medical science

Philosophy

Physics

Political science

Psychology

Public Administration

Sociology

Statistics

Zoology

Law

All the best.........
30th May 2013, 07:46 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

IAS and IPS exams are Civil Service Exams.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

These two exams conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:

List of Optional Subjects for IAS:

Agriculture

Management

Mathematics

Anthropology

Mechanical Engineering

Botany

Medical Science

Chemistry

Philosophy

Civil Engineering

Physics

Commerce & Accountancy

Economics

Psychology

Geography

Sociology

Geology

Statistics

Indian History

Zoology

All the best...........
31st May 2013, 12:00 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend......................

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

A.)Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

B.)Age Factor:-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years and can attempt 4 times.

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years ,and there is no limitation .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years and can attempt 7 times.

Paper Pattern for IAS exam :-

1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.
31st May 2013, 11:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any optional subjects according to your interest. If you have good knowledge about any subject and you are confident about then you can opt for it and start preparing for it.

As you are a Engineering Graduate means you are definitely eligible to apply for the IAS/ IPS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The age must be between 21 to 30 years if you are a General category candidate.

There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC Category.

Selection Procedure:

-Preliminary Test

-Mains Test

-Personality Test

Number for Attempts:

General Category - 4

OBC Category - 7

SC/ST Category - No Limit

List of optional Subjects Available:

Agriculture

Management

Mathematics

Anthropology

Mechanical Engineering

Botany

Medical Science

Chemistry

Philosophy

Civil Engineering

Physics

Commerce & Accountancy

Economics

Psychology

Geography

Sociology

Geology

Statistics

Indian History

Zoology

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?