10th August 2011, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for the post of Professor in Computer Science in Universities?

What is the eligibility for the post of professor in computer science in universities. i want to become a professor

Related Questions:
  1. MCA holder is eligible for the post of assistant professor in B.Sc Computer Science?
  2. Eligibility criteria to pursue M.S. in Computer Science from US having done Graduation and Post Graduation in Arts and MCA from IGNOU?
  3. What do I have to do after passing NET exam in economics subject
  4. How to do M.Tech in Computer Science after finishing MSc Computer Science?
  5. Universities offering research based course in Computer Science? Eligibility criteria of the course and how to apply for it?
  6. Can I apply for Assistant Professor post in engineering colleges after M.Sc. and M.E. in computer science?
  7. Eligibility to teach engineering college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor?
  8. What should I do after M.Com to be Professor or Lecturer? Eligibility criteria and future prospect?
  9. Is M.Tech computer science in Manipal University a good option? Eligibility criteria for the same?
  10. What is the eligibility for assistant professor in ECE department
  11. Why private engineering colleges do not permit Lecturer job to candidate done M.Tech after M.Sc?
  12. Eligibility for Professor, Assistant Professor and Lecturer in a polytechnic institute?
  13. Universities offering Ph.D? What is the eligibility criteria?
  14. What is the minimum eligibility criteria to get admission for post graduation in computer science?
  15. Can I become a Professor after B.Tech in Computer Science?
  16. Computer Application under the faculty of Management Science is eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in Computer Science at Government Aided Colleges? -- [New]
  17. Eligibility criteria and qualification for the post of lecturer in universities?
  18. Eligibility for teaching B.Tech students after M.Sc and Ph.D. in Computer Science? -- [Most Discussed]
10th August 2011, 11:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for the post of Professor in Computer Science in Universities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the eligibility for the post of professor in computer science in universities. i want to become a professor

dear friend,

For private engineering college , you must holds M-TECH degree .

For govt college , you must be holds M-TECH degree with NET qualify for full time course.

or if you have PHD degree then you are eligible for full time course.

This is the UGC rule b-tech or MCA dgree holder are not eligible for professor in computer science.

all the best
17th November 2011, 01:31 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for the post of Professor in Computer Science in Universities?

Hi.

Computer Science is a research oriented subject. Its basically languages that we need to learn to communicate with the computer and its internal circuits.
Now if one aspires to hold a post of Professor in Computer Science in any good university or college, then he/she must satisfy certain norms which are put forward as eligibility criteria by UGC(University Grants Commission)+AICTE(All India Council of Technical Education).

These are stated as follows:

1. Masters degree with a minimum 55% aggregate in the appropriate branch of Engineering and Technology.

2. NET (National eligibility Test) score is also required and considered for such Masters Programs.

3. You experience, confidence and past records too play a good role in determining the strength of your candidature for the professor post in any college.

Now though UGC and AICTE have given such list, but most of the private colleges these days recruit on their own rules and regulations.
Some colleges even recruit B.Tech freshers as assistant professors.

So it all depends on the knowledge you have, how well you interact with students and the other faculties.
Whats your history as a teacher, or how you groom yourself in the professor post.

Yeah NET is a good reflector of your knowledge and it measures you in terms of your lecturer ship.

If you satisfy most of these norms, or if not but still you have good confidence on the knowledge that you hold about your subject then you can easily apply to good private universities and colleges and look for an opening.

All the best.

Regards
#RJ#
11th September 2012, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

i am completed B.E EEE and M.E comp.sci and engg ., i am working as assistant professor in electrical and electronics engg department .still i am not getting any incentives regarding the M.E degree. my job is correct or not. ie., asst profe. elegibilty is BE-EEE and ME CSE is correct.. please clearify my doubts..

kala
16th October 2012, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

i completed Master of computer science, can i apply for the post of Asst. prof. on engineering college in computer or it branch?
16th October 2012, 07:41 PM
sbhndsen
Member+

Educational qualification (in respect of Government College) for Professor that must have cleared the examination of NET ( National Eligibility Test) conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The prerequisite to appear for this test is a degree in post-graduation in the respective subject with a minimum of 55% for general and 50% for SC/ST candidates. This test is conducted by the UGC twice a year usually in the months of June and December and is conducted in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science.

So ,Only the full time M.Tech/M.E alone will be considered for the lectureship as under educational qualification given by the AICTE.

If you are MCA or M.Tech in Computer Science, you are eligibile to apply for the post of Asst. Professor in CSE department. There is no upper age limit for Lecturer.

Also note that candidate having Ph.d degree with 2-3 years of teaching experience are also eligible to apply .
16th October 2012, 08:22 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
eligibilty criteria for the post of professor
for private engineering college ---you must have MTECH degree..with good academics record
for government engineering college --you must have MTECH With phd and you qualified net exam conducted by ugc
18th March 2013, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

am completed b.tech in 2012 am i eligible assistant professor....... plz rpl
26th August 2018, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Masters in Computer Science and PhD degree from Dept. of Radio Physics and Electronics is eligible for assistant professor post of Computer Science?
23rd November 2018, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

I have completed mca mphil ph d. But my ug major is economics. Am I eligible for assistant professor of computer science
6th January 2020, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering is eligible for the assistant professor post of computer science
7th December 2021, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

IS IT POSSIBLE IF B.E(BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING) IN COMPUTER SUBJECT PASSOUT AND THEN COMPLETED MSC IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AND THEN AFTER HE PASSOUT IN NET,SET EXAM SO IS HE ELIGIBLE FOR THE POST OF ASSITANT PROFESSOR FOR THE SUBJECT IN COMPUTER & FOR THE SUBJECT B.COM IN COMPUTER APPLICATION?
30th June 2022, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for faculty of B. Tech Computer Science. If any person, have done MCA then done M. Tech(CSE), then can he eligible for faculty of B. Tech(CSE) or Not?
27th August 2022, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

i have completed MSC Mathematics in the year 2002, ME CSE in the year 2007 and PhD computer science (faculty of science in my degree). Am i eligible for professor in CSE. Many of them are raising the question PHD in computer science (faculty of science) is not eligible. what is the solution for this?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?