17th September 2011, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Is my son eligible for NDA exam after completing 11th and with a power of -3.0?

My son is in +1 and an aspirant of NDA. He is wearing spectacles with a power of -3.0. Is he eligible for the NDA?

Prasada Rao SVS
Hyderabad

18th September 2011, 05:27 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Is my son eligible for NDA exam after completing 11th and with a power of -3.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son is in +1 and an aspirant of NDA. He is wearing spectacles with a power of -3.0. Is he eligible for the NDA? Prasada Rao SVS Hyderabad

Information Regarding NDA Examination.

NDA examination is conducted by the UPSC in every year for the admission in the Indian Armr, Indian Navy and Air Force wing of the NDA. This examination is conducted twice in every year once in the month of April and other in the month of August. The NDA examination is conducted only for the unmarried male candidates. To appear in the NDA examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Pass 12th examination in any discipline from a recognize board or university.

Age limit = The age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

This is the basic eligibility criteria to appear in the NDA examination. If your son satisfy the above eligibility criteria then they are eligible to apply for the NDA examination.

For any more information about the NDA examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
18th September 2011, 05:15 PM
praveendia

Default Re: Is my son eligible for NDA exam after completing 11th and with a power of -3.0?

as the required medical category for nda for eyes are 6/6 6/9.if ur child is after wearing class id 6/9 than he is otherwise not.try that number not increase more it is very dangerous
18th September 2011, 11:47 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

hello sir
as the required medical category for nda for eyes are 6/6 6/9.if ur child is after wearing class id 6/9 than he is otherwise not.try that number not increase more it is very dangerous.
he can attempt an nda exam conducted twice in year . only if he is having a 12 standard certificate
31st October 2011, 08:54 AM
ANKIT051

Information Regarding NDA Examination.

NDA examination is conducted by the UPSC in every year for the admission in the Indian Armr, Indian Navy and Air Force wing of the NDA. This examination is conducted twice in every year once in the month of April and other in the month of August. The NDA examination is conducted only for the unmarried male candidates. To appear in the NDA examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Pass 12th examination in any discipline from a recognize board or university.

Age limit = The age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

This is the basic eligibility criteria to appear in the NDA examination. If your son satisfy the above eligibility criteria then they are eligible to apply for the NDA examination.

For any more information about the NDA examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
vivek
31st October 2011, 09:00 AM
ANKIT051

sir
as the required medical category for nda for eyes are 6/6 6/9.if ur child is after wearing class id 6/9 than he is otherwise not.try that number not increase more it is very dangerous.
he can attempt an nda exam conducted twice in year . only if he is having a 12 standard certificate
2nd January 2012, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Can appear for nda exam,I m presently in class 12th next year i will bw giving my board?
2nd January 2012, 07:58 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

No I am very sorry to say you that your son is not eligible .

Vision : minimum visual acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in another eye

Besides this after 12 thstandard your son will be eligible.

good day.
24th February 2012, 09:44 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Sorry, he cannot apply for NDA (National Defence Academy) being a student of class 11th as it requires a pass in 12th class examination or any equivalent examination.
After passing 12th class examination, he can apply for NDA by two ways :
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview
¤ The eligibility criteria for NDA is given below -->
1. The candidate must be an Indian.
2. The candidate must have passed the 12th class examination or any equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% marks.
3. The age limit is - 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

4. The candidate must be physically fit.
Hope for your good future scope.
For more queries, you can ask your questions along with the doubts to be cleared in this educational forum and discussion website.
For more details, visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?