3rd April 2015, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in NDA entrance exam for 11th Commerce with Mathematics candidate?

Hello,
I am studying 11th Commerce. I have
Mathematics in my 11th.
Now I want to apply in NDA entrance exam.
Kindly tell me I am eligible for applying?

4th April 2015, 08:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in NDA entrance exam for 11th Commerce with Mathematics candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am studying 11th Commerce. I have
Mathematics in my 11th.
Now I want to apply in NDA entrance exam.
Kindly tell me I am eligible for applying?
No, you are not eligible for NDA exam because you are now in 11th standard. But pursuing 12th standard candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Written Examination will be divided into 2 parts-

Mathematics-300 marks.
General ability Test- 600 marks.

Total time duration for 2 papers is 300 min .

General Ability Test -

English 200 marks
General Knowledge 400 marks

For more details about NDA exam , you can visit to the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th April 2015, 12:39 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in NDA entrance exam for 11th Commerce with Mathematics candidate?

# It is very sorry to say that you are presently not eligible for NDA Examination.

# The main reason behind your present ineligibility is that you have not complete intermediate till now. You are presently in 11th standard.

# Only those candidates can join National Defence Academy those have complete 10+2 in any stream.

# Simultaneously, candidates have to fulfilled other eligibility conditions also which are:

* Must have attained the age of 16.5 years.
* Must not crossed the age of 19 years.
* Must be citizen of India
* Must not be married
* Must be male candidate as females are strictly prohibited.
* Must be physically fit in all respect.
* Must bear moral character without any criminal antecedent
5th April 2015, 07:51 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for the NDA/NA entrance exam as the minimum qualification required to apply for the exam is 10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board.

The age limit for candidates of any category is 16.5-19.5 years as per latest modifications in age.

Only unmarried male Indian citizens can apply for the exam.

This entrance exam will give you chance to join wings of defense like Indian Army, Indian Airforce or Indian Navy if you clear both the stages of this exam.

Stage I : Written Test

>>Paper I : Mathematics- 300 marks.

The level of questions of mathematics is from 10th to 10+2 level.

>>Paper II: General Ability Test- 600 marks.

Stage II: Service Selection Board.

It is the second stage of NDA recruitment. You will eligible for this if you clear the written test.

You need to practice a lot so as to score better marks in written test for SSB. Arihant publications books are best for preparation of NDA entrance exam.

Online application for this exam is done at www.upsconline.nic.in. For any more details about this exam, you can visit www.upsc.gov.in.
6th April 2015, 10:58 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No , you are not eligible to apply for NDA as you do not the have the basic criteria for it .

The eligibility criteria for NDA conducted by UPSC twice in year is :-

1. Candidates must be +2 passed or in the +2 .The candidate must have Physics , Mathematics and English as main papers .

2. The age must be 16.5-19 years .

The examination is taken in two parts :-
1. Written .
2. SSB .

The candidates have to qualify in both of the above to join the NDA . The written examination is of 900 papers of 6 hrs. duration .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?