21st October 2010, 06:35 PM
harshada16

Is it necessary to give GATE exam online if I filled GATE Form online?

I submit online gate exam form.please tell me it is must give online exam paper.
I am student of TE(ENTC) engg. which books will be refer for exam?

21st October 2010, 07:50 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it necessary to give GATE exam online if I filled GATE Form online?

it depends upon you that what you have filled in the form if you have filled for online test then you will have to give test online only and there is no any other chance.
21st October 2010, 08:49 PM
rahul katare

Smile Re: Is it necessary to give GATE exam online if I filled GATE Form online?

IF you had filled GATE form online then it does not means that you have to appear online if you have indicated to give exam online then only you have to appear online otherwise not. best of luck hope you will get selected.
online exam date 30 jan 2011
offline 13 feb 2011
21st October 2010, 08:54 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it necessary to give GATE exam online if I filled GATE Form online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshada16 View Post
I submit online gate exam form.please tell me it is must give online exam paper.
no u can give wrriten exam also.it is not neccesary that u can give online exam
21st October 2010, 09:10 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

no it is not necessary to give GATE exam online if you have filled up the form online....You can go to different exam centre as per your choice and you will give the exam offline...
22nd October 2010, 01:35 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

no it doesnt mean that if you have fill the form online so you give paper also online
you can give the gate paper at there prescribed center which you have fill in the form
you will give the paper as your board exam paper
for the preparation you can also join some coaching or buy material of the caochings it will be more helpfull to you
ok
all the best
22nd October 2010, 11:24 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

no it is not necessary. there is no rules that if you fill up GATE form online you have to give examination online. you may give offline examination by form filling offline.

you have to choose how you will give your examination. you have already submitted your application. so tell me your application number and the IIT zonal office where you have send your application form i will give you how you have to give your exam online or offline.

best of luck for the examination.
22nd October 2010, 11:32 AM
bikenindia

Dear friend,
Its little bit different from what you think, The online application is started in order to make easier for the students. Because there was some drawbacks and some uncomfortable for the students.
The online and offline exam is differentiated based on your course. But i really don't know your course ,TE , because i didn't find that code in GATE courses. The online exams for 4 courses-GG, TF, AE and MN. and the remaining courses are to be written offline exams on February 13, 2011.
As per my knowledge, GATE by RK Kanodia is quite good. (books)
Hope your doubt is cleared.
Thank you
22nd October 2010, 12:14 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Is it necessary to give GATE exam online if I filled GATE Form online?

Quote:
Dear friend,

No it is not mandatory to giving exam online.and also all stream are not allowed to appear online examination.

first read your text for GATE,and try to solve MCQs and also it will better if you see khanna publisher's books.

good luck.
22nd October 2010, 12:47 PM
udaya bhaskar

Quote:
Its not that necessary to attend if u r not prepared well....but i suggest u to make an attempt atleast u may know the questions regarding the exam n one more thing is there is a limit in no of attempts so be serious for the next time if u really aspire for gate.
22nd October 2010, 12:53 PM
subhashisacharya

it is not necessary to give gate exam online .you can give the writen exam also.
22nd October 2010, 05:06 PM
neeraj_m
Senior Member+++++

Hi Harshada

There is no hard and fast rule that if you have submitted your application via online method, you will have to take the online test. So you need not worry!

As regards your question on which book to refer for the test is concerned, it would be great if you could tell us your subject for which you'd be writing the test.

Good Luck!

Regards

Neeraj
23rd October 2010, 05:25 AM
Unregistered

i had completed mca is it help full me to write gate exam in future pls
23rd October 2010, 12:05 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Not necessarily, the examination for the papers with subject codes AE, GG, MN and TF will be carried out by online examination where the candidates are required to answer each question using keyboard and mouse. For the rest subject codes Offline exam is followed with an Optical Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening the appropriate bubble against each question. There are different books available in book stores for reference.
23rd October 2010, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

i m also asking the same qstn that i hv applied onlinebut there is no option to mark online exam or offline , so i am in doubt . i am prall lecturer in ece
27th October 2010, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

dear sir i have conclusion about sent form with documents,
i have apply online and gate copy of form 1 to 5 pages in which
1.introduction page
2.page -2 of form copy
3.page-3 of form copy
4.page-4 of address
5.bank challan
conclusion in page 2 and 3 also because in instruction page are allow to paste photo and signature
but for page 3 are not suggest here then what to do.
and also not describe about eduacation certificate.
please help me
31st January 2011, 04:44 PM
mychandru024

No, its not necessarily...... its your wish to give it online or not.
31st January 2011, 11:38 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
Following four branch GATE exam held online
AE, GG, MN and TF.

Rest of the exams are offfline.

It is not necessary to give exam online if you have filled it's form online.

Book refered is g.c publication GATE 2011

best of luck
27th June 2011, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

I'm studnt of entc.engg can i give the gate exam? Can only machani.engg.studnts give it?
23rd September 2011, 04:24 AM
Unregistered

sir i have to apply for GATE 2012 so wat is the website to get the online application form and more details
31st October 2011, 03:26 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hi friend,

GATE Exam is conducted by IIT's for admission in M.Tech program in IIT's and NIT's .

Eligibility GATE Exam

Candidate must have Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology from any recognized university .
Candidate of final year can also appear in exam .
No age limit is fixed for appearing in gate exam .

Important Dates GATE Exam
Application form AVAILABLE Date --------------------------- 12 Sept 2011
Last Date for Application Form- Date----------------------- 17 October 2011
Exam Date------------------------------------------------ 12 February 2012
Result Announcement Date------------------------------------ 15 March 2012

Good Luck..!!
31st October 2011, 10:34 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No, my friend , it is not necessary..

It is optional.. You can give GATE exam online/off-line as well..

Now it is up to you..

When you filling out the application form through on-line, then they will ask you that you want to give the exam on-line/off-line..

You then just tick out the suitable option..

All the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?