31st March 2012, 11:28 PM
shelley pandey

How to prepare for IPS exam? Procedure for the exam? I am a student of BCA 2nd year

respected sir/mam,

i am a student of bca 2nd year and i want to prepare for ips exams.can you please help me with its procedure of examination and rest of the things.

2nd April 2012, 02:19 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IPS exam? Procedure for the exam? I am a student of BCA 2nd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley pandey View Post
respected sir/mam,

i am a student of bca 2nd year and i want to prepare for ips exams.can you please help me with its procedure of examination and rest of the things.
In order to prepare for the Indian Police Service, you must few details regarding the selection procedure, which are as follows:
  • The examination is known as Civil Service Exam and is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
  • The examination is conducted once a year and the notification is published on the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
  • To be eligible, candidate must have either completed bachelors degree program and qualified the examination or have been awaiting results.
  • The minimum eligible age is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years for General category, 33 years for OBC's and 35 years for SC/ST category.

The online application forms are available, as per the schedule, on www.upsconline.nic.in
  • The examination comprise of :
Preliminary Exam (Civil Service Aptitude Test)
Main Exam
Interview
  • Preliminary Exam comprise of two compulsory papers
:
General Studies
Aptitude Test
  • Main Exam comprise of compulsory paper as well as optional papers:
One Indian language
English
Essay
General studies
Optional papers:
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology, Electrical Engineering, Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.

For further information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission:
www.upsc.gov.in
9th May 2012, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for IPS exam? Procedure for the exam? I am a student of BCA 2nd year

I want to be a IPS office....I done B.E(computer science) in 2012.I don't have much idea about exam of IPS.
Plz tell me what i have to do....
15th May 2012, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

iam studying first year mechanical engineering my aim is to crack IPS examination Iam much interested in history and mechanical engineering so i kindly request any one of you what should i do to crack the examination if there is any books suggest me finally i kindly request any one of you to suggest me what should i do physically and mentally
4th June 2012, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

How i prepare for ips i am a student of b.com 2year
17th June 2012, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO PREPARE FOR IT SINCE WE DON'T HAVE MUCH IDEA ABOUT IT
28th June 2012, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for I P S exam? procedure for the exam? I am a student of M P C 2nd year
10th July 2012, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

Hello
Now I am in f.y.bcom
Ips is my dream
I want to be ips officer
I can do anything for ips
So my question is how to prepare for ips ???
20th August 2012, 05:14 AM
Unregistered

i m student of bped 3rd yr plz tell me procedure how to apply in ips exam and about his syallabus
11th November 2012, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

I've done b.tech in electrical and electronic in 2012. I wont be a ips officer i don't have any idea about ips exm how i prepare us for this exm. Plz guide me
6th July 2013, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Am doing my bcom (IT) degree course under bharathiyar university,how should i start my preparations to become an IPS officer ?
14th January 2014, 11:02 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. It is one of the top civil service in India. One should have strong preparation towards the selection procedure in order to placed in IPS.

The selection procedure would involve
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream in order to apply for this exam.

Candidates who have completed final year of Graduation and waiting for the results can also apply for this exam.

The nationality of the candidate should be India to apply for this exam.

As per the required age limit,
Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
-Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

As you are pursuing 2nd year of BCA course, now you can start preparation for Civil services exam. Better to join in a coaching institute. They will provide you in depth guidance related to this.

With regard to Main Exam, I suggest you to opt for Mathematics as Optional subject.

Have good preparation the Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?