12th April 2012, 10:42 PM
sarbanando

Can I apply for IES Exam in Electrical Engineering being a candidate of B.Tech in ECE?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am Rajdeep Dey from Kolkata. I am a B.Tech in electronics & Communication Engg.Can I apply for IES in Electrical Engineering? Kindly reply me....Thanking You!

Related Questions:
  1. Can a B.Tech.(IT) final year student apply for IES exam?
  2. Can a B.Tech ECE student apply for IES exam? Should I apply online or offline for the exam?
  3. Can i apply for PSU and IES simultaneously?
  4. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?
  5. Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE
  6. Am I eligible for IES if pursuing B.Tech(ECE)? What kind of job will I get if qualify in IES exam?
  7. What is the difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? How can I prepare for IES being a candidate of Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  8. What is the actual difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing Electrical & Electronics Engineering? How to prepare for this Exam?
  9. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  10. Can I apply for IES in electrical engineering after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication engineering?
  11. Which course to study to get into Indian Railway
  12. Information about IES-ECE entrance exam? I am a average student in engineering
  13. How to take IES exam in ECE? Books to be referred?
  14. Can CSE candidate apply for IES Exam? Last date to submit forms for upcoming IES Exam?
  15. Can I apply for IES in EEE or ECE?
  16. How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What all government jobs I can apply when am proceeding to final year B.Tech ECE? -- [New]
  18. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
13th April 2012, 01:18 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IES Exam in Electrical Engineering being a candidate of B.Tech in ECE?

Hai,
Rajdeep you are not mentioned weather in which year you are currently persuing, B.tech graduate can eligible to write IES exam.

Eligibility criteria:
The candidate should be complete graduation from any recognised university in any stream.

Being a final year candidate also eligible to apply IES exam.

Age limits is 21 years to 30years.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Selection procedure:
Preliminary exam,
Main exam,
Interview.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
13th April 2012, 01:59 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Can I apply for IES Exam in Electrical Engineering being a candidate of B.Tech in ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbanando View Post
Respected Sir/Madam, I am Rajdeep Dey from Kolkata. I am a B.Tech in electronics & Communication Engg.Can I apply for IES in Electrical Engineering? Kindly reply me....Thanking You!

Hello Rajdeep!

YES..Sure you can apply for IES Exam after competing B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering.

IES:- Indian Engineering Service % IES Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year namely as Engineering Service Examination.

But why have you want to appear in IES exam for Electrical Engineering department whereas IES also conducts exam for Electronics & Communication Engineering department. However you can give IES Exam in Electrical Engineering but you have to choose Subjects of Electrical Engineering stream.

I suggest you to give IES Exam in your core stream i.e. ECE so that you can get good marks & Rank.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for IES EXAM:

-You should have completed Bachelor degree course in Engineering/Technology from recognized university in following Trade..
  • Civil Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics & Communication Engineering
-Final Year Graduates are also eligible to apply for IES Exam

AGE Criteria for IES Exam:

-For General category the Age must be between 21 to 30 years.
-For SC/ST category the Age must be between 21 to 35 years.
-For OBC category the Age must be between 21 to 33 years.
-For PWD candidate Age must be between 21 to 40 years.

IMPORTANT DATES

-DATE OF NOTIFICATION: 10.03.2012

-LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 09.04.2012

-DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM: 15.06.2012

Pattern & Structure if IES Examination

For detail regarding UPSC IES exam visit official website: http://ups.gov.in
13th April 2012, 08:17 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IES Exam in Electrical Engineering being a candidate of B.Tech in ECE?

Hi dear............
The IES exam details are as follows.......

The list of best books are as follows.........

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.......
9th December 2012, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam, I am Rahul Gupta from Delhi. I am a 4th B.Tech in Electrical Engineering. Can I apply for IES in electronics & Communication Engg ? Kindly reply me....Thanking You!
3rd July 2016, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IES Exam in Electrical Engineering being a candidate of B.Tech in EEE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?