6th May 2012, 07:15 PM
r11r

How much percentage should I score to become eligible to appear for IAS exam?

m a 12th class commerce student. how much % i must score to become eligible for appearing in this exam and wht should i do after 12th to become an ias???? plz tell me.....

Related Questions:
  1. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to be eligible for IAS Preliminary Exam?
  2. List of business colleges I can apply for with MAT score of 536.5? I've got 87% in 10th, 89.1% in 12th and 72.5% marks in B.Tech
  3. Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam after completing B.Com in Madras University?
  4. How much percentage of marks are needed to score in MBA?
  5. Is CPT necessary for a graduate student?
  6. Required Percentage of Marks in 10+2 and Graduation to be eligible for IAS Exam?
  7. What is the percentage required to be eligible for IAS entrance exam? I am studying in 11th PCM group
  8. What is the percentage required for UPSC entrance exam?
  9. IAS exam can be given after distance education graduation? IS there any specific percentage requirement? Percentage of 10+2 are also considered?
  10. Am I eligible for IAS with 50% in Graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can BSc students enter into IPCC?
  12. What are the recruitment exams available to appear in UPSC for B.Com graduate? Detailed information and eligibility to apply?
  13. Can I apply for IAS exam if completed 2nd PUC? Percentage required in 2nd PUC to apply for IAS exam?
  14. Am I eligible for UPSC IAS 2016? -- [New]
  15. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
  16. How much percentage of marks I need to score in CAT to admission in IIM-A, IIM-B or IIM-C? Which has best private job placement among these 3 IIMs?
  17. How much percentage is required in IAS exam?
  18. Required Percentage in Graduation to be eligible for IAS or IRS?
7th May 2012, 12:06 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How much percentage should I score to become eligible to appear for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r11r View Post
m a 12th class commerce student. how much % i must score to become eligible for appearing in this exam and wht should i do after 12th to become an ias???? plz tell me.....
There is no Minimum percentage of marks require for IAS Examination . Only pass marks is enough to apply apply for IAS Examination . So,If you qualified in Bachelor degree with Pass then your eligible to apply for IAS Examination .

IAS :- Indian Administrative Service . It is one of the Civil Service Examination . This Examination conducted by UPSC ( Union Public Service Examination ) for every .

The Notification for ias Examination may published in Employment news papers and Official website of UPSC Examination . You may apply for this Examination in both the online as well as offline .

To become and IAS Officer you should qualified in three stages namely , Preliminary Examination , Main Examination and Interview .

Eligibility Criteria :-

You should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline ( ie:- B.com , BBA , BCA , B.sc , BA ) from recognized university . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

There is no Minimum percentage of marks require for IAS Examination . ( Say for Example :- If you get 40% percentage of marks your eligible to apply for this Examination ) So, It's clear there is no Minimum percentage of mark require for IAS Examination .

You should be Citizen of India . You should age should be 21 years to 30 years and relaxation is applicable for sc/st candidate for 5 years and obc candidate sfor 3 years and Physically Challenged candidates for 10 years .

Number of Attempts :-

For General Candidates candidates :- 4 Times
For OBC candidates :- 7 Times
For SC/ST candidates :- No Limit till the age of 35 years .

Syllabus for IAS Examination :-

So, If your qualified Bachelor degree with pass mark then your eligible to apply for IAS Examination .
7th May 2012, 12:31 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentage should I score to become eligible to appear for IAS exam?

There is no restriction of marks for IAS exam.
if you have completed your graduation then you are eligible for the IAS exam.
your age should be between 21-30 years for the exam.

IAS PROGRAMME OUTLINE

IAS EXAM PATTERN

Thank you
all the best
7th May 2012, 12:32 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,
there no minimum percentage required to eligible for become IAS officer. Just pass the graduation from a recognized university.

IAS stands for Indian Adminstration Service. This exam conducted by the upsc once in a year.

Eligibility:

the candidate complete the graduation with any stream from a recognized university.

The candidate need no minimum percentage required to eligible for this exam.

The candidate must have citizen of india.

The age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.

Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

Number of attempts:

For General Candidates
candidates :- 4 Times

For OBC candidates :- 7
Times

For SC/ST candidates :-
No Limit till the age of
35 years .

Syllabus of IAS:

Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
History
Law management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical science
Philosophy
Physics
Political science
Psychology
Public Adminstration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry
Botany
chemistry

all the best.
7th May 2012, 02:59 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no provision for percentage of marks criteria to be eligible for IAS exam.

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one should appear and crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC once every year0

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC up to 3 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST-PRELIMINARY EXAM

CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM

PERSONAL INTERVIEW

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th May 2012, 03:11 PM
bablubeniwal
Junior Member+

hi,
to join IAS exam you must be graduate from a reconized university.
there is no requirement of percentage.
thanks
7th May 2012, 03:19 PM
iiebm

good information now only i know about these things..thanks for sharing..
8th May 2012, 12:04 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hello friend...

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE this exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year there is no percentage need for this exam.Degree is the minimum qualification for this exam.

ELIGIBILITY:

1.QUALIFICATION: Graduation from a recognized university

2.AGE:Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

3.AGE RELAXATION: 3 years foe OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates

4.Candidate should be a citizen of india.

SELECTION PROCESS:

1.Preliminary exam

2.Main exam

3.Interview

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

1.4 times for general candidates

2.7 times for OBc candidates

3.there is no age limit for SC/ST candidates

For more information regards visit www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST....
10th July 2012, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

how much marks is obtained for become a collector
10th July 2012, 08:29 PM
Useruuuuuu

Hello
For ias, you have to graduate to give ias exam.fistly you do b.com from re,ognised university and then prepare for ias exam..
Eligibility :
Graduate
No of attemp:
General:3
OBC :7
SC no limit until the age 35
Prepare well,and
BEST OF LUCK FOR FUTURE
29th July 2012, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

what is the pass percentage to eligible for IAS examination?
29th July 2012, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

what is the pass percentage to be eligible to become IAS officer?
29th July 2012, 08:22 PM
Srikar achill

Sir,there is no need of percetntage in graduation level only pass marks are needed.good luck.
29th July 2012, 08:24 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

There is no percentage criteria for IAS exams.
IAS(Indian Administrative Service) exams are conducted by UPSC and minimum qualification required for this exam is Graduation from a recognized University.

DETIALS OF UPSC IAS EXAM:

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Educational Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For complete details you can visit the website:http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?