21st May 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum percentage required in class 12th to become an IAS officer?

what is the minimum % required in class 12 to become an IAS officer?

23rd May 2012, 11:42 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage required in class 12th to become an IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Basically there is no percentage criteria to apply for the position of Officer in the Indian Administrative Services. To be considered eligible for the position, you will have to qualify Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Now, as far as eligibility for Civil Service Examination is concerned, you must be a graduate in any discipline. No matter how much you scored in the final year examination of your bachelors degree program, if you are a graduate, you are eligible to write the examination.

For Civil Service Examination, there is minimum as well as maximum age limit for candidates applying for it. The minimum eligible age is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years. For candidates belonging to reserved category, the maximum age limit is relaxed as per the regulation.

Since the examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission, refer to its official website for further information.
16th August 2012, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage required in class 12th to become an IAS officer?

i got below 60% in sslc puc and degree am eligible to attend IAS
16th August 2012, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

i have secured 58% in 12th ..... please i want to become an ias officer.... what can i do?????/
24th August 2012, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

tell me about the whole study and steps from class 9th to become ias officer
29th August 2012, 10:24 PM
drjeet
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello friend,

>> There is No any restriction of percentage of 12th class, mainly it is depand up on completion of bachelor degree(Graduate degree).

>> IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

>> It is Civil Services Examination which is conducted by the UPSC.

>> Eligibility for IAS exam:

Educational qualification:
Candidates should be passed Bachelor degree in any discipline by any recognized university.

Age Limit:
  • Age lower limit is 21 years.
  • Age Upper limit is 30 years for open category.
  • There is relaxation in upper age limit up to 33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST

Total No. of Attempts.
  • There are total no of attempts are 4. for open category
  • 7 for OBC category.
  • There are no limit for SC/ST category

All the best.
30th August 2012, 11:16 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

Basically there is no percentage criteria to apply for the position of Officer in the Indian Administrative Services. To be considered eligible for the position, you will have to qualify Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
The eligibility criteria for appearing in UPSC exam is Graduation in any stream from a recognized university. WHEN YOU WILL BE COMPLETED YOUR GRADUATION DEGREE THEN YOU CAN APPLY ONLINE.

OK, IF YOU WANT TO HAVE TO START YOUR PREPARATION RIGHT NOW. OR YOU HAVE TO START YOUR PREPARATION WHEN YOU WILL GIVE THE EXAM OF 12.

The Age limit for UPSC exam is 21 to 30 years on 1 August of Exam Year i.e. If you are appearing in 2012 UPSC exam then your age should between 2 August 1982 to 1 August 1991.

There is five years relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

There are two types of written examination in UPSC.

UPSC Prelim exam and UPSC Mains exam. You will appear in UPSC Prelim exam first in which Objective type Questions are asked from General English, General Studies etc.

For UPSC Mains you have to choose Subjects. There are total 51 Optional Subjects in which 23 are from main subjects and 28 Language Subjects like Hindi, English, Bengali etc.

Wish you all the best.
31st August 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 86.63% in both my sslc n puc is iam eligible to write ias exam
18th September 2012, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

I want to an IAS what percentage is required in 12
18th September 2012, 06:00 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
Friend for I.A.S your 12th marks is not matter.

You have to pass graduation with any stream you like from recognized university.

After graduation you can apply for I.A.S exam.
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
7th March 2013, 07:27 AM
kalamandir

the minimum percentage required in class 12th to become an IAS officer=================

1.IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

2.There is No any restriction of percentage of 12th class, mainly it is depand up on completion of bachelor degree(Graduate degree)

3.It is Civil Services Examination which is conducted by the UPSC.

Eligibility for IAS exam

Educational qualification

4.Candidates should be passed Bachelor degree in any discipline by any recognized university.

Age Limit===================

5.Age Upper limit is 30 years for open category

6.There is relaxation in upper age limit up to 33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST

7.Age lower limit is 21 years.

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18th July 2013, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

if a person dnt hv 60%in graduation bt he apply on basis of post graduation in which he got above 60% den is he eligeable fir PO exam or not???plzz reply
11th August 2013, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed 12 class in state sylabus us these elgible to entrence exams of ias
24th September 2013, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

how much marks are required to become an ias in preliminary and mains
26th September 2013, 12:08 PM
shah.meet92

there is no percentage required to apply
for the position of Officer in the Indian
Administrative Services. To be considered eligible
for the position, you will have to qualify Civil
Service Examination conducted by Union Public
Service Commission...so you should go for examination.. all the best..
11th August 2015, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my degree as a part time from open university. But I didn't write 12th exam. I joined degree on the basis of age and completed it successfully. Will this be a problem to write UPSC exam or to secure a job later in civil services?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?