3rd March 2018, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in TOEFL & IELTS after completing 10th for Higher studies in Canada?

Sir, I am studying in 10th standard. I want to do my Higher Studies in Canada right after my 10th. So, I would like to know that I am eligible to give TOEFL or IELTS after my 10th or not? Which entrance exam I should prepare for going abroad now?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in TOEFL & IELTS after completion of 10th for Higher studies in USA?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for 11th standard in Canada after completion of 10th from CBSE board with 85 percentage marks?
  3. Am I eligible to study in Australia after completing 10th standard without IELTS?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for higher studies in Canada after getting 5.5 bands in IELTS? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I eligible to apply for higher studies in Canada after scoring 5.5 in IELTS? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Eligibility to get study Visa of Canada
  7. After matriculation how to study 11th in Abroad?
  8. Which course to select in Canada for higher studies after completion of 12th standard with Biology? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Procedure to study MS in Abroad with scholarship for B.Tech student?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for graduation in Canada after getting 6 band in IELTS? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I continue 11th standard from USA and become a Doctor in future?
  12. Which exam should I write to study abroad after 10th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What is the procedure followed to get seat in doing higher studies in abroad being an Indian?
  14. Which exam I should qualify for getting a free scholarship in abroad after completion of 12th in India?
  15. Which exam is better to give amont IELTS, TOEFL or GRE to get admission for doing higher education in USA after completion of BCA course?
  16. Is there any way to apply for Ph.D in US without doing GRE/TOEFL?
  17. Can I study in America through entrance exams on 12th basis?
  18. What is the procedure to study abroad on scholarship?
22nd March 2018, 02:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in TOEFL & IELTS after completing 10th for Higher studies in Canada?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in TOEFL and IELTS examination for pursuing your higher studies in Canada after completion of your 10th standard. TOEFL and IELTS examinations helps you to prove your English Language proficiency skills in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections. No specific eligibility criteria is required to apply for TOEFL and IELTS examination. So, being a 10th passed student, you are eligible to apply for TOEFL and IELTS examination.
24th March 2018, 07:51 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in TOEFL & IELTS after completing 10th for Higher studies in Canada?

TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language and IELTS stands for International Language Testing System. TOEFL/ IELTS examinations are mostly taken by the candidates who wish to pursue higher studies in Abroad universities. There is no specific eligibility criteria required to appear in TOEFL and IELTS examination. Since, you have passed 10th standard from a Government recognised board, you are eligible to appear in TOEFL and IELTS examination for pursuing your higher studies in Canada.
24th March 2018, 09:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is no minimum qualification mentioned for IELTS/TOEFL. You can appear for it, if you think that your English skills are good enough to pass the test.

For studying abroad, IELTS/TOEFL score is necessary. Just make sure you are well prepared for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?