25th July 2017, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for higher studies in Canada after getting 5.5 bands in IELTS?

I got 5.5 bands in each module and I passed my 12th (non-medical) with 64% so can I apply for the Canada for September intake? Can you please let me know what is the minimum criteria asked for doing higher studies in Canada? Awaiting for the response.

25th July 2017, 09:18 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for higher studies in Canada after getting 5.5 bands in IELTS?

Yes you are eligible to apply for higher studies in Canada after securing 5.5 bands in IELTS (International English Language Testing System) examination but since you have scored 5.5 bands you may get only few colleges/universities for admission as because good colleges/universities demand 6 and 6.5 IELTS bands for admission, some colleges/universities even asked for 7 IELTS bands to offer admission.
Below I have listed some names of Canadian universities which offer admission of 5.5 IELTS bands:
>Royal Roads University
Address: 2005 Sooke Rd, Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2, Canada
Phone: +1 800-788-8028
>Canadore College
Address: 100 College Dr, North Bay, ON P1B 8K9, Canada
Phone: +1 705-474-7600
>St. Clair College
Address: 2000 Talbot Road West, Windsor, ON N9A 6S4, Canada
Phone: +1 519-966-1656
26th July 2017, 10:58 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for higher studies in Canada after getting 5.5 bands in IELTS?

No, you are not eligible to apply for higher studies in Canada after securing 5.5 bands in IELTS examination. You need to secure at least 7 bands in IELTS examination to apply for admission in Canada universities. So, it is best to reappear in IELTS examination and secure at least 7 bands, so, that you can get admission in best Canada universities for pursuing your higher studies.
26th July 2017, 12:39 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got 5.5 bands in each module and I passed my 12th (non-medical) with 64% so can I apply for the Canada for September intake? Can you please let me know what is the minimum criteria asked for doing higher studies in Canada? Awaiting for the response.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for higher studies in Canada in some colleges/universities after getting 5.5 bands in IELTS. It is better to reappear for the IELTS examination and score over 6.0 bands. Many universities accepting 6.0 bands in IELTS and it is also helpful for getting visa. You have to choose the course first and then the university for higher studies in Canada. Your academic performance, IELTS score, extracurricular activities etc. are considered for taking admission in Canada universities. You can apply for admission directly or through an educational consultant.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?