22nd December 2017, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get i20 from US for student Visa?

I have 44.16% marks in my graduation (B.Sc non medical) from Punjabi university Patiala. And I have gap of 4 years. Can I get i20 from US for student Visa or not under this circumstances?

Related Questions:
22nd December 2017, 08:30 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get i20 from US for student Visa?

Yes, you are eligible to get i20 from US to apply for student visa even if you have 4 years gap after your studies. To apply for admission to any course in US universities, you have to appear in GRE and TOEFL/ IELTS examinations. You have to report your examinations score reports to the US universities for applying admission to higher studies. After getting admission letter, you have to apply for study visa, you have to give the proper reason in Visa Interview to the Visa Consular and if it gets approved, you can go to US for pursuing your higher studies.
22nd December 2017, 11:00 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get i20 from US for student Visa?

As you said you have 4 years of gap after your graduation so gap is not a issue in order to get I-20 form for student visa. If the University/Institute where you want to study in United States will allow you to study and give a acceptance letter then only you can get form I-20 for student visa.

Before applying for a Student visa you must have a Institute acceptance letter provided by a university recognized by the US government. You need to make sure that you have all documents required for student visa.

First you need to choose a university according to your subject, contact with them and ask about your circumstances once they will give you a positive response then you can proceed for your further steps like visa and all.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?