18th November 2014, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about TOEFL? How can I prepare to qualify in first attempt?

hello
i want to know that what is TOEFL .
i have heard that this is very tough exam.
can i pass in one attempt? how can i????
please let me know!

19th November 2014, 07:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about TOEFL? How can I prepare to qualify in first attempt?

TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. It is a standardised test which helps you to Prove your English Language Proficiency for getting admission in foreign universities for pursuing higher studies. TOEFL examination is administrated and conducted by Educational Training Services (ETS) on some specific dates throughout the year.

Yes, it is a very tough examination if one does not have fluency in English. In TOEFL examination, there are four sections namely :-
1. Listening
2. Speaking
3. Reading and
4. Writing

1. Listening :-
In this section, you need to listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, and you need to answer the questions. The time limit will be 60–90 minutes. And 34–51 questions will be asked in this section.

2. Speaking :-
In this section, you need to express an opinion on a familiar topic; speak based on reading and listening tasks. The time limit will be 20 minutes and 6 tasks will be given to you in this section.

3. Reading :-
In this section, you need to read 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and then you need to answer questions. The time limit will be 60–80 minutes and 36–56 questions will be asked in this section.

4. Writing :-
In this section, you need to write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing. The time limit will be 50 minutes 2 tasks will be given to you in this section.

To qualify TOEFL examination in first attempt, you need to concentrate on all the above mentioned sections and you need to practice online tests before appearing for TOEFL examination to test yourself and to improve your performance. The validity period of TOEFL score is 2 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?