23rd December 2014, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information, eligibility criteria and syllabus of TOEFL and GRE?

Sir,
I am a B.TECH second year student.
Can you please give me the
details about the GRE & TOEFL exams????
and also tell me the syllabus and eligibility
thank you

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information for attaining GRE TOEFL and financial support to do MS program in best universities?
  2. Detailed information for attaining GRE TOEFL and financial support to do MS program in best university?
  3. Detailed information about scholarship provided by universities in Abroad for MS? Preparation tips for GRE and TOEFL?
  4. Detailed information and eligibility criteria of GRE?
  5. Eligibility criteria of TOEFL and GRE exams?
  6. Minimum score required in GRE and TOEFL to get seat in best university? Financial support required?
  7. What shall I do to MS from abroad in CS stream?
  8. Detailed information, syllabus and pattern of TOEFL?
  9. Will it be okay to appear in GRE and TOEFL after dropping job? If I am doing so shall I have to show job experience?
  10. Whether GRE and TOEFL are enough to study MBA in abroad? Procedure to apply, preparation tips and last date to apply for GRE and TOEFL?
  11. Eligibility Criteria of GRE and TOEFL for admission in USA universities?
  12. Eligibility criteria for GRE and TOEFL Exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. In which entrance exam should I appear between GRE and TOEFL to study MS?
  14. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL?
  15. Which all exams are necessary to do MS in USA?
  16. Eligibility to appear in GRE and TOEFL for a candidate secured 90%, 92% and 58% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech respectively?
  17. Whether it is possible to get admission without GRE or TOEFL?
  18. Eligibility to appear in GRE and TOEFL to study in US for government serviceman having completed B.Sc in Computer Science?
25th December 2014, 05:28 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information, eligibility criteria and syllabus of TOEFL and GRE?

Candidates, who want to pursue their MS in foreign countries should apply for GRE and TOEFL exams. After Completing the exams, they should apply for Universities, by sending their Application form and Test scores. Then the universities will offer admission, if the candidate is eligible for admission as per university admission requirements.

GRE:-
GRE exam is used to assess the ability of a candidate in both Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning.It is conducted for 340 marks.

GRE Exam Pattern:-
The GRE exam is conducted in three sections
Section I:-
1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-
1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays

Syllabus:-
GRE exam is based on Mathematics and General English. Questions in mathematics are based on Geometry, Arithmetic, Algebra, Data Interpretation. And for English, you have to learn Vocabulary, the questions will be based on Reading passages and sentence correction.

TOEFL:-
TOEFL stands for Test Of English as Foreign Language. This exam will be based on the following sections
Exam pattern(120 marks)
Reading - 30 marks
Writing - 30 marks
Listening - 30 marks
Speaking - 30 marks
This exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in English language.

Syllabus:-
There is no particular syllabus for TOEFL exam. Because, it includes only listening audios, Reading and writing passages, Speaking sections. These all sections are related to normal conversations, which we face everyday.
25th December 2014, 06:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information, eligibility criteria and syllabus of TOEFL and GRE?

TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. It is a standardised test which helps you to prove your English Language Proficiency skills in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections. Candidates who wish to pursue their higher studies in abroad can appear for TOEFL examination. There is no specific eligibility criteria required to appear in TOEFL examination. Anyone irrespective of age, qualification, gender, religion, etc. can appear for TOEFL examination. There is no specific syllabus for TOEFL examination. The TOEFL examination has four sections as mentioned below :-
1. Listening
2. Reading
3. Writing
4. Speaking

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. It is a standardised test that you need to appear for getting admission in foreign universities for pursuing your higher studies. There is no specific eligibility criteria required to appear in GRE examination. Anyone irrespective of age, qualification, gender, religion, etc. can appear for GRE examination.
There is no specific syllabus for GRE examination. The GRE examination is conducted in three sections as mentioned below :-
1. Quantitative Reasoning
2. Verbal Reasoning
3. Analytical Writing
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?