3rd March 2017, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

How many years to complete Charted Accountant course in USA after completion of M.Com in India?

I have completed M.Com in India I want further study in USA for Charted Accountant course. What is procedure and how much years I have to study CA course in USA university? Can someone please give me the complete details on this soon? Thank you!

14th March 2017, 11:23 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: How many years to complete Charted Accountant course in USA after completion of M.Com in India?

Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is the same profession only name differs in India this course is termed as Chartered Accountancy whereas in the USA it is termed as CPA (Certified public Accountant) which is conducted by the AICPA (American Institutes of Certified Public Accountants). The candidate who has completed his Bachelor's degree in accountancy or have completed 150 hours of post-secondary education from a regional accredited institution which equates Master's degree or have completed his Master's in accounting and taxation (typically at least 30 semester hours) are eligible. This division of eligibility is as per the 55 states of the USA in which CPA course can be pursued. The threshold limit is bounded by NASBA (National Association of State Board of Accountancy) according to the state the candidate can check his eligibility. The duration of the course is 7-12 months and many candidates who have completed a CA course in India have considered this exam is easy in terms of CA exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?