11th August 2015, 12:26 PM
pinkeshbafna

Is it possible to do ICAI course in Canada for MBA postgraduate?

Hello,
I am now going to Canada as I have got job there on the basis of my MBA certificate. But I wanted to do ICAI course. So, is is possible to do ICAI course in Canada?

24th July 2023, 06:40 PM
4700BC

Default Re: Is it possible to do ICAI course in Canada for MBA postgraduate?

Yes, it is possible to do ICAI course in Canada. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.

First, you will need to check if your ICAI qualification is recognized in Canada. You can do this by contacting the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA).

Second, you will need to find a university or college in Canada that offers ICAI courses. There are a few universities that offer ICAI courses, but they are not as common as other accounting courses.

Third, you will need to meet the admission requirements of the university or college. This may include having a certain GPA, taking certain prerequisite courses, and passing an English language proficiency test.

Finally, you will need to be able to afford the cost of tuition and living expenses. The cost of studying in Canada can be high, so you will need to make sure that you have the financial resources to support yourself.

If you are able to meet all of these requirements, then you will be able to do ICAI course in Canada. However, it is important to note that the ICAI course is not recognized in Canada as a professional qualification. This means that you will not be able to become a Chartered Accountant (CA) in Canada by completing the ICAI course.

If you are interested in becoming a CA in Canada, you will need to complete the Canadian equivalent of the ICAI course, which is the CPA Canada program. The CPA Canada program is a much more rigorous program than the ICAI course, and it takes about 5 years to complete.

However, if you are not interested in becoming a CA in Canada, then the ICAI course can still be a valuable qualification. The ICAI course will teach you the basic principles of accounting, and it will give you a foundation in accounting that you can use in your career.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?