19th April 2015, 11:07 AM
Arshad Iqbal Khan

What should I study among MBA and ICAI course after completing B.Com?

Hello everyone,
I just want to know that which course will be the best
for me in terms of money and expenses.
I am about to complete my B.Com and
after my B.Com I should do MBA or ICAI.
Please guide me between these two.

20th April 2015, 11:44 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I study among MBA and ICAI course after completing B.Com?

I would like to tell you something that MBA is a master degree course and on other hand ICAI is a professional course, so you can opt for both the course simultaneously at a time and if you are at the edge of completing your graduation and if you get more then 60% in graduation then it is beneficial for you in your ICAI course as you can skip your foundation stage and can direct go for intermediate stage, as you will also get some subject exemption if you score more then 60% in your graduation course.

So if you are capable to study both the course together then it is advisable to do both the course at the time. Otherwise do only MBA course if you want to do only one course.
21st April 2015, 11:47 AM
aide006

Arrow Re: What should I study among MBA and ICAI course after completing B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshad Iqbal Khan View Post
Hello everyone,
I just want to know that which course will be the best
for me in terms of money and expenses.
I am about to complete my B.Com and
after my B.Com I should do MBA or ICAI.
Please guide me between these two.
Both MBA and ICAI CA course are very good options leading you to a corporate job. I'll try to highlight some facts, which may be helpful in your decision making process.

About ICAI CA:
  • It is more relevant option to you being a commerce graduate already.
  • Considered as tough and often tests your patience.
  • Prestigious and highly regarded in Corporate Community.
  • Once mastered you can make lot of money.
  • Working at your comfort as you will mainly be consultant doing own practice like medicine or law is a huge advantage.
  • No fear of job loss due to rescission.
  • Earning potential will be high.

About MBA/PGDM course:
  • Doing MBA is beneficial only if it is done from reputed institute.
  • Being a commerce graduate you will easily pick the terms and concepts in MBA course.
  • Directly you will placed in middle management positions in reputed MNCs if you do MBA from good college/b-school.
  • Earning potential will be high if you get placed in international companies.
  • Career growth with MBA will be faster than without MBA.

If you are really interested in CA course please go ahead with confidence, you should be highly determined for it to complete within the stipulated time you should not take more than 3 years to complete it. MBA is a more secured option but prepare well to do MBA from a reputed college.
12th May 2015, 05:23 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: What should I study among MBA and ICAI course after completing B.Com?

Since you have completed the BCom, in my opinion you should go for the ICAI course as going for MBA will take a lot of efforts as you are not from Management background and ICAI course will be easier as well as beneficial for you.

As you have completed the graduation, you can also get benefitted through the direct registration scheme of CA course.

You can directly register for the IPCC and thus omitting one step of CPT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?