Gardening and landscaping courses in India
Institutes in the India offer short term and long term courses in gardening and landscaping. Courses like certificate in gardening, diploma in Floriculture and Landscape Gardening, Master of Architecture (Landscaping). The fee for the courses varies depending on the course structure and duration of the course. For short term certificate courses the fees is between Rs 4000
Certificate in Gardening
Yashwantrao Chavan Maharastra Open University and Fergusson College are some of the institutes offering this course. Generally areas like Plant Morphology, Specialized Technique in Gardening, Drawing & Presentation, Soil Cultivation Technique, Elements of Landscape Design are covered in the course curriculum.
Candidates who have completed 10th standard or equivalent can apply for the course.
Duration of the course
The duration of the course is one year.
The fees for the course varies between Rs. 4000/- to Rs. 12500/-.
Diploma in Floriculture and Landscape Gardening
The course covers areas like Arboriculture, Soil Technology, Landscape Design, Plant Propagation, Out-door Nursery Management, Plant Protection. Some institutes cover areas like Dry Zone Gardening, Micro-Irrigation methods. The purpose of the course is to give an insight into areas like soil fertility, seed sowing, ways and methods of landscape designing. Integrated Institute of Education Technology and Yashwantrao Chavan Maharastra Open University are some of the institutes that offer the course.
Minimum qualification required for apply for the course is 10th standard.
The duration of the diploma course is generally 1 to 2 years.
The total fees for the course is around Rs. 10000/- to Rs 20000/-.
Master of Architecture (Landscaping)
During the course areas such as Landscape Technology, Natural Sciences, Landscape Irrigation, Landscape Materials, Landscape Architecture and Allied Science are covered. Anna University, University of Pune, Center for Environmental Planning and Technology - Ahmedabad, Gujarat are some of the institutes offering this course.
Candidates who have completed Bachelor’s in Architecture course can apply for this course. He/she should have secured a minimum 50% marks. Also preference will be given to those submitting the GATE score.
The course duration is 2 years.
The fees in School Planning and Architecture for the year 2013-2015 are Rs. 39100. This includes refundable deposit if Rs. 10000/-.
Most institutes offering B.Sc and M.Sc in Horticulture have gardening and landscaping as subject in their curricula. The minimum qualification required for joining B.Sc course is 12th with Maths, Biology, Physics and Chemistry as subjects studied. On completion of B.Sc course candidates can apply for the M.Sc course.
- Higher Studies options after B.Sc Horticulture
- Government Colleges for B. Sc Horticulture
- Government Jobs in Floriculture Sector
- PhD in Horticulture with specialization in pot-harvest technology plant pathology, and landscaping and floriculture
- M. Sc. In Horticulture with specialization in pot-harvest technology plant pathology, and landscaping and floriculture
- Eligibility Criteria for BARC Recruitment 2013
- St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad
- Top Facility Management Companies in India
- List of Courses in Andhra Pradesh Horticultural University
- Diploma/Certificate Courses offered at UOU
- List of Courses in Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Nauni, Solan
- Ch. Charan Singh University Master of Science (Agriculture) Entrance Exam
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture: B.Sc in Agriculture Course Details
- List of Postgraduate Courses in Horticulture
- L.S. Raheja College of Arts & Commerce, Mumbai