How to become a social media marketer?
A social media marketer must know about search engine optimization, provide strategies to improve the web traffic, understand and analyze user sentiments etc. Most companies prefer post graduates for this post. Preferably the candidate must have specialized in areas like Marketing, Business communication or Public Relations. Also the candidate must be comfortable using various tools, working on HTML, WordPress, Microsoft Office etc.
The criteria to be fulfilled to apply for the post of social media marketer are as follows:
- The candidate should have completed Post Graduation in Marketing, Business communication, Public Relations
- Relevant experience in the field of Social Media is ideal
- Awareness about various tools like Google Webmaster tools, Google analytic is a must
- Knowledge in using HTML/CSS, WordPress web builders, Blogs is required.
- The candidate must know to use Microsoft Office. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power-point are commonly used in most organizations.
Candidates wishing to pursue a career in the field of Social Media must have good communication skills. Clarity in thoughts and command over English language is a must. Blog writing, writing articles, posting advertisement are some of the activities carried out as part of this job. Also the candidate must be well aware about consumer behavior and based on this develop strategies. Candidates who have completed BBBA, B.A/M.A. in Communicative English too can apply for this job. They can normally apply for the executive level job.
Skills required for Social Media Marketer
- Analytical Skills – Analyzing data, preparing analysis report, writing reports are some of the job requirements. So analytical skills is one of the key skills required for this job.
- Marketing skills- Blogging, connecting with media writers will help in improving the marketing skills
- Content Skills – Good writing skills is a must for this profession.
- Know-how on various social media networks – The candidate must know about the various social network sites like Twitter, Facebook etc. and must know to use them for marketing purpose.
Fresher’s with post graduation qualification will draw a salary of around Rs 2.5 lakhs to 3 lakhs per annum. Graduates will draw a salary of around Rs. 50000 to Rs. 100000 per annum. Experienced candidates can expect at least Rs 100000 per annum. Salary will depend on level of expertise.
Job Profile of Social Media Marketer
The role of a social media marketer is to analyse the website traffic, providing strategies for improvisation. He/she will need to suggest ways to attract more traffic to the site.
- Difference between Corporate Marketing and Product Marketing
- M.Sc in electronic media
- Deputy Director (Media), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- B.Sc in electronic media
- Jobs Profile in Social Media field
- Government Jobs in the Field of Media
- Can PH.D in mass communication uplift the standard of the media
- Top Social Media Optimization Companies in India
- Applications of Media Science
- Role of mass media course in society
- Higher studies and career options after MBA in Media Management
- Government Jobs in Media Research in India
- Mass media course as a significant tool for the modern era’s society framework
- Professionals using social media to attract employers
- Bachelor of Graphics and media