Higher studies after MBBS
A career in M.B.B.S is very rewarding for those who are interested in dealing with sick people. A lot of hard work and dedication is required for this profession. A post graduate level studies can be pursued after M.B.B.S to specialize in a special field.
Qualification Criteria for Higher Studies after M.B.B.S
The candidate is required to hold M.B.B.S degree from an institute recognized under Medical Council of India (MCI). Most of the institutes take 50% students from national entrance and 50% from state entrance.
Higher study options after M.B.B.S
There is wide area for post graduation after M.B.B.S. Some of them are listed below.
- MD - General Medicine
- MD - Cardiology
- MD - Gastroenterology
- MD - Clinical Haematology
- MD - Clinical Pharmacology
- MD - Endocrinology
- MD - Neonatology
- MD - Medical Gastroenterology
- MD - Neurology
- MD - Pulmonary Medicine
- MD - Medical Oncology
- MD - Nephrology
- MD- Pediatrics
- MD - Neuro Radiology
- MD – Rheumatology
- MS – General Surgery
- MS – ENT
- MS- Ophthalmology
- Masters in Public Health (MPH)
- Research career by joining reputed organizations like ICMR etc.
- M Tech Biomedical Technology by IIT Mumbai
- Masters in Hospital Management
The candidates can even join for diploma courses in Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Pediatrics, Neurology, Nephrology, etc after M.B.B.S. There are various options to continue higher education by completing D.M. after M.D . They can even go for M.Ch after M.S.
Career Opportunities after Higher studies in M.B.B.S
After completing their post graduate or diploma degree the doctors can find job opportunities in various areas listed below.
- Medical Colleges
- Health Centers
- Biomedical Companies
- Nursing Homes
- Medical Foundation / Trust
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Research Institutes
- Private Practice
After completing the post graduation the doctors can look for job opportunities in different hospitals. The job types in various departments are listed below.
- Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- E.N.T. Specialist
- Anesthetist or Anesthesiologists
- General Practitioner
- Hospital Administrator
- General Surgeon
- Hospital Administrator
- Medical Admitting Officer
- Colorectal Surgeon
- Neonatal Surgeon
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Endocrine Surgeon
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
- Pediatric Surgeon
- Urological Surgeons
- Upper Gastro-Intestinal Surgeon
- Vascular Surgeon
The doctors after post graduation have a wide scope in both public and private sector. In public sector the doctors can find opportunities under both state and central governments. There is a wide range of opportunities for the doctors abroad after completing higher studies. Doctors can even opt for working in private firms. The salary package for doctors with specialization is high in both private and government hospitals.
- What to do after MBBS?
- MBBS Colleges in Tripura
- MBBS Colleges in Pune
- Difference Between MBBS and MD
- MBBS Colleges in Himachal Pradesh
- MBBS Colleges in Chhattisgarh
- Salaries after MBBS
- MBBS Colleges in Jammu and Kashmir
- MBBS Colleges in Vishakhapatnam
- MBBS Colleges in Raipur
- MBBS colleges in Bhubaneswar
- MBBS Colleges in Kolkata
- MBBS Still On Peak
- How to study MBBS Abroad?