IT Project Manager - How to become an IT Project Manager?
The key personal behind the planning and implementation of IT projects in an IT firm is referred to as IT Project Manager. They are responsible to design and plan the project according to the requirements specified by the organization.
The allocation of resources for the successful completion of the project also comes under the job description of the same. The feasibility of the project in terms of cost, implementation, etc also vests with these professionals. They have to send a daily report concerning the day-to-day progress of the project to the company. Upon completion of the project, it will be tested to check whether the set requirements are met. In case it is not met, the project manager insists the team to make the necessary changes in the project to achieve the same. To become a competent Project Manager one should possess adequate educational qualifications and experience in the profession.
The candidate has to pass any of the 3 or 4-year degree courses to get qualified for the post of Project Manager. The same must be obtained with specialization either in the area of information technology or in computer science. They have to pass the recruitment test carried out by the employing firm in order to get in to the job profile of Project Manager.
Who are eligible to apply?
The candidates who have passed their graduate level programs with computer science or information technology are eligible to apply for the post of IT Project Manager. Adequate work experience in the area is much preferred for the post, since the job involves managing and guiding a team of professionals.
Key elements in the process
Obtain graduation in IT or Computer Science
Obtain adequate experience by working in entry-level positions
Search and apply for the post of IT Project Manager in any of the reputed IT firms.
Skills required for an IT Project Manager
Leadership and management qualities are prerequisite for the post of IT Project Manager. They should possess the ability to work well in teams and should be a good problem solver. Organizing and communicating skills are often preferred for professionals working in the position of PM. Good planning and presentation skills are also necessary to do well in the job.
- Project Manager, Training Officers, Bihar Rural Livelihoods Project
- Project Manager and Accountant, Footwear Design and Development Institute
- Project Managers, Consolidated Construction Consortium Limited
- Deputy General Manager, Chief Manager, Projects & Development India Limited
- Additional Project Director, General Manager, Manager - Rajasthan Rural Livelihood Project
- Project Manager, Assistant Project Engineer, HLL Lifecare Limited
- Senior Manager, HR Executive, Unique Identification Authority of India
- AM and Production Control Engg., Bharat Earth Movers Limited
- General Manager, Project Manager, Gujarat Livelihood Promotion Company Limited
- Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager, Library Assistant and Accountant - Rajiv Gandhi Centre for aquaculture (RGCA)
- Pay scale for Project Engineer in Government Jobs
- Principal Consultant, Senior Consultant Project Manager, Project Executive and Executive Assistant for India Post 2012 Project - National Institute for Smart Government (NISG)
- Manager MIS and Manager Community Mobilization & Capacity Building - Rajasthan Rural Livelihood Project
- District Project Manager, Managers - Rajasthan Rural Livelihood Project
- Thematic Manager, Block Project Manager and Livelihoods Specialist - JEEViKA, Bihar Rural Livelihoods Project (BRLP)