Deck Cadet in Merchant Navy - How to become Deck Cadet in Merchant Navy?
Merchant Navy is a commercial flotilla handling cargo and passengers to far off countries located in different directions of the sphere. Deck Cadets are professionals who chiefly safeguard the ship navigation and deals with loading and unloading of freight. They carry on the maintenance and administration of the ships in Merchant Navy. These officers are ranked 3rd grade in Navy. They can expect promotions with experience and according to the performance in exams. In addition to the safe navigation of the vessel, it is the Deck Cadet’s duty to safeguard the passengers’ in the ship. As part of his work, these professionals have to observe national and international codes of conduct guiding sea transportation.
Those who possess a bachelors’ degree in Nautical Science can become Deck Cadets in Merchant Navy. Otherwise, candidates should have scored 60% and above in the 10+2 exam from science discipline with PCM subjects so as to apply for the same. It is a three-year graduation course. Aspirants can study the program in Merchant Navy itself or any other institutes offering the course. On successful completion of the program, candidates can apply for the Deck Cadet jobs in Merchant Navy.
Who is eligible to apply?
Those who have passed the 10+2 exam can apply for the graduation course in Nautical Science. The candidate should have done the intermediate exam from a certified institute from Science background with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. They should be aged above 17 years so as to do the course.
How to prepare for exam and interview?
Aspirants can refer the previous question papers so as to attend the exams. Read the curriculum thoroughly as part of preparation for the exam. The candidates need to understand that the interview is carried out to test their attitude as well as abilities. Therefore, before they appear for the interview, the aspirants should be well aware of everything that pertains to the merchant navy. In addition, at the time of the interview, the candidates must make sure that they answer the questions without any hurry. This will guarantee that they make no major errors.
- Chief Mate in Merchant Navy - How to become a Chief Mate in Merchant Navy?
- How to join Merchant Navy?
- Difference between Indian Navy and Merchant Navy
- Merchant Navy, Career in Merchant Navy
- Government jobs in the field of Merchant Navy
- Merchant Navy After 12th
- Career in Merchant Navy after B.Sc in Nautical Science
- List of Merchant Navy Entrance Exams
- Difference between Nautical Science Course and Marine Engineering Course
- Application Form of OPENNET Merchant Navy Entrance Exam
- Permanent Commissioned Officer, Indian Navy
- List of Postgraduate Courses in Marine Engineering
- Question Answers Set#4
- Scope after B.Sc Nautical Science
- Difference between Commercial Banking and Merchant Banking