30th September 2016, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give JEE exam after completion of diploma in information technology?

Respected Sir/Madam,
Myself sowmya. I have completed my diploma in information technology,can i write the jee exam? Can you please give me the information on this? It will be helpful if you can guide me soon. Awaiting for the response.

Thank you!

30th September 2016, 08:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give JEE exam after completion of diploma in information technology?

Yes, you are eligible to write JEE Main and Advanced examination but, your JEE Main examination score and rank can't be used to get admission in NIT as they does not lateral entry admissions in B.E/ B.Tech course. You are allowed to appear in JEE Main examination as it is the gateway for JEE Advanced examination. If you qualify and secure good rank in JEE Advanced examination, then you can get admission in B.Tech course in IIT.
30th September 2016, 09:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give JEE exam after completion of diploma in information technology?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination held for admission in undergraduate technical course from top government or private engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, ISM, etc. . The examination is held once every year by CBSE in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

* For appearing in the same examination the minimum educational requirement is a higher secondary school degree with PCM group with a minimum of 60% aggregate from a recognized board. Students having equivalent degree are also eligible for the same.

So being a diploma in information technology degree holder you are eligible for appearing in JEE Main examination but not for admission in NIT, IIT, IIIT, ISM as for admission in these the ranks are made using the JEE score along with the percentile aggregate of Class 12th board examination which is not available in case of diploma degree holders.

For further details about JEE you can log on to its official link www.jeemain.nic.in.
1st October 2016, 01:43 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, diploma holders are eligible to take JEE exam.

JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is a two stage examination conducted by CBSE Board for admission in UG eng./architecture courses in NITs, IITs and other institutions through JEE Mains examination. And, admissions in IITs are made through JEE Advanced examination.

Eligibility criteria for appearing JEE exam in 2017:-

-The candidate should have passed 12th with at least 50% marks in aggregate.

-The candidate must have studied Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science / Bio-technology as optional subjects in 10+2 .

-The candidate should have passed 12th class or equivalent in the year 2015 or 2016.

-The candidate appearing for 12th examination in 2017 are also eligible for the exam .

-The maximum age limit to appear for the exam is 25 years as on 1st October of the year of examination for the candidate belonging to open category.There is relaxation in age limit of 5 years for SC/ST/PwD candidate.

-The candidate must have qualified in JEE Main of the same year to apply for JEE Advanced exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?