14th March 2017, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

How to join merchant navy on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering?

I have completed my diploma in mechanical engineering.in 2015 & my age 21 years.c Can I join merchant navy Sir. Please help me on my gmail [email protected] Ph. No.9776629098.

16th March 2017, 05:27 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join merchant navy on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to join Merchant Navy after diploma in mechanical engineering

Eligibility Criteria:-

Candidate must have done diploma with at least 50% marks and Diploma College should be approved by AICTE. Maximum age limit should not exceed 28 years. There are 8 colleges in India approved by DG Shipping in India for the course of marine engineering diploma . 6 of them are in Chennai and it at Goa and Port Blair.
17th March 2017, 11:09 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join merchant navy on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering?

The candidates who have successfully completed his diploma course in ELE/ECE/MECH stream with the minimum of 50% marks in diploma are eligible to join Merchant navy. The age of the candidate should not exceed 28 years. To become a Deck Cadet the candidate should have pass his diploma in nautical science. The minimum education qualification is the candidate should have completed his 10+2 with PCM as the compulsory subject and must have scored 50% in aggregate and should also have 50% in English and the age should be in between 16-25 years for the role of Deck Cadet. The candidate should be medically and mentally fit the eyesight should be 6/6 without glass and there should be no colour blindness.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?