7th September 2016, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Is there any way to join merchant navy after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Sir, I completed my diploma in mechanical engineering in 2012. I want to join merchant navy. Is there any way to directly join merchant navy?

9th September 2016, 01:01 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any way to join merchant navy after diploma in mechanical engineering?

I am sorry to say that it is not possible to join Merchant navy after the completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognised Board with Science stream studying PCM as their subjects are eligible to opt for the Merchant navy course.
Candidates must have scored above 50% of marks in class 12th.
9th September 2016, 04:39 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any way to join merchant navy after diploma in mechanical engineering?

The Merchant Navy can be joined after 10th as seafarer after qualifying pre sea courses or after 12th as an officer through various degree or diploma courses in mainly two specialized fields, Nautical (Deck) and Marine engineering.

To join merchant navy you can join following courses:-

->>3 month Pre-Sea Course in Deck rating.

->>3 month Pre-Sea Course in Engine rating.

->>4 month Pre-Sea Course in Saloon rating.

->>1 year Pre-Sea Diploma in Nautical Science

->>HND (Higher National Diploma) Nautical Science

->>HND (Higher National Diploma) Marine Engineering.
9th September 2016, 09:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for merchant navy courses like B.Sc nautical sciences at various institutes. You will undergo pre-sea training before getting selected for the job.

For direct joining, you can apply for deck cadet posts. You need to be physically for as well as have good eyesight for this job. Pre-sea training is absolutely essential for this job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?